Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Consequences of white/blue parkers in vic?

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey i really want to replace my parkers with something like these Commodore Parker HID LED Lights for HSV HDT VT VX VY VZ (eBay item 170563260259 end time 06-Feb-11 03:28:48 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

They look like this if you too lazy to click the link
r34compare.jpg

Anyways they called super bright white however they have quite a blue tinge i reckon... do you think the cops would bust a p plater for them and if so what would happen... not really too knowledgable in this stuff yet is a defect a fine too and do you have to get a rwc again??

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
in qld you get away with these for
no plate lights and front parkers but NOT for headlights supposedly but im yet to be pulled up for it~!

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
i have some white globes in my parkers and rear plate light and havent had a problem

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hmm alright thanks but those dont really look that white they have a kinda bluish tinge dont you think?

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
its all in the camera like the photo i have attached is a white led parker (looks brighter because the photo is a exposure shot)

Attachments

• IMG_0036.jpg
    IMG_0036.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 366

SloNLow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec
im glad you posted that picture, was to lazy to click

as for the legal part, chances of getting done for something like that are slim to none. Driving without parkers on during the day will help the cause.

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
If its visibly blue when viewed from directly ahead they can give you a defect, white is ok but having said that I have had blue parkers on one of my cars for 2-3 years and never had trouble because of them.

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
i have white led parkers and license plate lights and havent had an issue with the police...and i drive around with parkers on all the time...goes well with my big green p plate :)

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
Parkers must clear and not dazzle other road users. White LED parkers are fine, start using blue filters, blue LED's or coloured globes and you're on your way to a defect if the cop is in a bad mood and/or can't get you for anything else.
there are plenty of people that use coloured parkers (F#&K knows why) and get away with it...