Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Considering a MY12 VE SV6 with 210k on the clock.

Blazadin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sv6
Surprised to hear you leaving it. Sounds good. You didn't say the price so no idea of that. But your buying an older car with high kilometres, doesn't matter if its this one or the next, they will all need work. At least this one appears to have been managed by the book and is in good condition. All cars are a risk, new or old. If you want less risk pay more and get one with low kms, and then any manufacturing issues should have been sorted.

Look to be honest i dont want to, im sick of my motorbike and weather and i was willing to live with a pre loved car.. But the gunking issue.. Its a very expensive fix and the whole poiny of buying this car was i could use the money from selling my bike and maybe a small dip in to the savings lol

He wants $8500 for it

bazz61

Reaction score
Members Ride
veII sports wagon 2011
would end up being a $$$ bucket , better off with a Camery at those kays , whilst a nice car to drive some how GM lost the plot with VE motors , the old VY Buick motor was good for half a million , if that motor was in a sports wagon ..... we wouldnt be having this conversation .

Blazadin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sv6
would end up being a $$$ bucket , better off with a Camery at those kays , whilst a nice car to drive some how GM lost the plot with VE motors , the old VY Buick motor was good for half a million , if that motor was in a sports wagon ..... we wouldnt be having this conversation .

Yea.. I know soo many people running old VYs, VXs, VTs etc.. I just assumed 'if the old commie sixes lived for ever.. The VE/F would be a sure fire bet. Lol

Im now looking at Liberty 3.6r

bgpzfm

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTSS LS1 +2010 VE SV6 LLT ute +1990 VG V6 ute
In your place, I'd keep looking through the classifieds, there are lower mileage units around for the same or less money. Only 2 of all the services shown were done at less than factory interval, the rest were well over it.

As many Alloytec owners have found, the factory recommended oil change interval was double what it should have been. You might get away with it with the V8, but not the sixes.

Blazadin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sv6
Time to wake the thread back up!

So I found a very clean well service 2012 VE SV6 at 130k's. Owner has log books and confirmed that oil has been changed every 10k max and has done predominantly highway K's.

Im going out tomorrow night to check her out and read through the service history.

If i buy her, would it be worth driving her straight in for a service and getting every fluid and oil changed? or is that being too OCD? assuming shes already had a recent service and the service history is actually good.

bgpzfm

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTSS LS1 +2010 VE SV6 LLT ute +1990 VG V6 ute
If it passes the 8 items from the second post and you're thinking about buying it, an inspection by the RACV or a workshop you trust is the prudent next step.
In your place, I'd consider a post-purchase fluids / filters change in the engine, transmission, power steering and diff, and a brake system bleed and flush. Then you have a base line to work with and you know they're done.