Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

considering VF wagon

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
They said 10 yrs support but didn't say support for what, i.e. any particular models.

The 5 years relates to the term of dealer parts agreements only. Not unusual and, in my experience with trucks and earth moving equipment, is quite generous.

Does that refer to the Harrier National 5-year warranty offered by dealers? It's optional, and I had it on my VZ, but declined it for the VF.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Does that refer to the Harrier National 5-year warranty offered by dealers? It's optional, and I had it on my VZ, but declined it for the VF.

No idea.

AFAIK, those types of warranties are 3rd party supplied and nothing to do with the manufacturer or dealer.

RossK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE11 SV6, VF LPG Evoke
thanks for that Big Red,

with sludge in sidi engines - is this the same for LPG / 3.0 / 3.6 ?

cheers
The VF LPG V6 is the LWR, which is based off the LY7 not the LLT SIDI.
We've got a SV6 with a LLT and a VF1 with the LWR and the LWR is by far much cleaner on oil changes.
Both get done at 10,000km. The LWRs oil is dirty golden, whereas the LLTs is black.
LPG motors are typically cleaner than petrol equivalents, from my experiance.

Ross

bandwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke
The VF LPG V6 is the LWR, which is based off the LY7 not the LLT SIDI.
We've got a SV6 with a LLT and a VF1 with the LWR and the LWR is by far much cleaner on oil changes.
Both get done at 10,000km. The LWRs oil is dirty golden, whereas the LLTs is black.
LPG motors are typically cleaner than petrol equivalents, from my experiance.

Ross

thanks Ross

Looks like no LPG on VF series II , or maybe just no one selling them,

b0tch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6 Sportwagon
I have had my wagon for about 18 months. (Series 2 SV6)

I bought it with 27,000km and it now has 48,000km. I have had no issues with it, and having had a few Commodores in the past, I will comfortably say it is by far the best one produced.

I have an oil catch can on mine, and I check/empty it whenever I wash it.

Budget will play a part in one you buy. Towbar....I personally wouldn't be too concerned. Anyone towing a half decent camper/caravan or heavy load for work will most likely be in a dual cab 4x4 or similar.

Km' s...definitely get one with as low as you can find. Same goes with service history.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Service history is paramount. If the seller can't provide it, I'd assume it has none and offer half the asking price (because I don't really want to buy it). The seller may react as if insulted but they're insulting the potential buyers if they expect a good price with no history available.

Always good to let the seller know theirs "is one of several that you are looking at".

In my experience the number of different past drivers can be more harmful to a vehicle than the number of past owners.

A used vehicle that has had 2 owners but both were businesses that used it as a "pool" car for their staff will often have worse wear than a vehicle that has had 5 owners who only drove it themselves. I'd rather buy the right ex-lease vehicle that was driven long distances by a few sales reps than an ex-rental or courtesy car with half the mileage on it. Finding out isn't always easy though.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks Ross

Looks like no LPG on VF series II , or maybe just no one selling them,

The earlier VE have an LPG variant (?). More recently, I thought I saw an Evoke in LPG version, too.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ahem. Do you normally park your chariot all akimbo half on/half off like that?
VFs have FE2 suspension (others still, FE3) which will not sag, roll or yaw when cornering (it keeps the body level and taut) and provides a firm, controlled ride, but be it noted also, not a comfortable ride if you are using skinny low profile tyres (definitely not recommended, unless you are a fanatic; I had skinny LP tyres on my VZ and going over a pebble was enough to give me a tittybong!). I don't think towing a trailer-load of dirt for the garden will stress a VF. I see trailer loads of bricks being towed by Mini Clubmans! Size does matter...

bandwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke
Hi , I dont park it like this , just trying to show the driveway. I put blocks into gutter to get up. Im sure the VF rides a lot better than my AU (understatment!) as mine has leaf springs, and also sure that VF capable tow vehicle. My current wagon does bottom out on this driveway if loaded and I suspect VF would too , so I guess i need to fix driveway....