Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

constant ticking/screeching noise

Gs VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
97' VS S-Pack Series 2
hey ppl,

lately i been hearing a constant ticking/screeching noise.. im pretty sure its somethin to do with the belt, but i want as many ideas so i can tackle it this weekend... it becomes annoying... it only happens when its in drive... and afta bout 20 mins of driving...

its not my controller arm or pulley, cause theyve been repalced bout 1 month ago, and its not the belt cause its been replaced bout 4 months ago...

i think its either a bearing on the pulley, or i need to lube the belt up a bit...

but i heard it could also b a water pump or the alternator, but i have seen no signs of those going out...

any ideas and as much info would b appreciated...

thanks heeps ppl...

Gs VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
97' VS S-Pack Series 2
its called an accident mate... u know things do happen sometimes...

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Get a can of WD40 or similar with a tube on the end - spray it at the centre of each pulley one at a time. When the screech or whatever stops you have the culprit. Also spray the tensioner around where the spring is. Check alternator and water pump by removing serpentine belt and spin alt/WP by hand to feel for roughness.

Gs VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
97' VS S-Pack Series 2
awsome thanks hako, will try this weekend...