Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Continuing Service History once log book is full

TheDmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Hey guys,

So my VY is due for a service and I just noticed the last service it had took the last page of the Holden log book. I've been to Holden and you can get a new book, but it goes by kilometers starting from 0-200,000 again. I've tried autobarn and supercheap and neither have blank service log books. Just wondering if anyone can suggest a retailer or knows somewhere who sells blank service history books so I can continue the history? Or are simple service receipts from my mechanic counted as 'history'

Thanks

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
This was the service history I provided when I recently sold my VS with 292,xxx kms on the clock.

MSvMWiF.jpg

Log book stamped at 1,500, then 50,000 and 60,000 (interim period was police internal servicing) along with 19 years of receipts for everything from mats to tyres and all services, repairs and parts.

The purchaser was blown away to have so much detailed history.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Detailed history along with receipts is what I would do added into the rear of your original book.
Nice to have that full history if I may say so.

TheDmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Thanks guys. I was just wondering if service receipts would properly count as history and I don't want to harm this cars resale value. Looks like I'll keep the receipts from this point on.

And @VS 5.0 that's some impressive history right there!

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Detailed history along with receipts is what I would do added into the rear of your original book.
Nice to have that full history if I may say so.

Mine wouldn't fit into the book

Last edited:

ShinyVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-Pac Ute
I didn't get any service history with my ute unfortunately, what I do is keep my receipts etc in one of those plastic binders you used to use in school

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Thanks guys. I was just wondering if service receipts would properly count as history and I don't want to harm this cars resale value. Looks like I'll keep the receipts from this point on.

And @VS 5.0 that's some impressive history right there!
Even if you have a stamp in a book you should always keep the service receipt. If you like the service book idea just get another book from Holden and start the service stamps again from about the 20,000 km page.
The service requirements are claimed to start again anyway when the book is full though you would the mechanic to find more extra work needed at service time as you go through the book the second time than the first.