Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Continuous issues

Jaydawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VES2Calais2010
The good news from this code is IF you need to change that 02 sensor it would probably be one of the rear 02 sensors which are the easier and cheaper ones on the car. Hard to say if that needs doing or not. Is the car ok to drive for a week and see what happens with codes?
Hey mate, yeah it’s running fine. That’s the O2 sensor (P2273) that I’ve changed a couple of times once being with the fuelmiser brand that physically looked a bit different to the one I removed. That then threw P0161 low voltage code on the new sensor. Took it back and chased up a Bosch sensor that was same as original. Ran fine for a day or so and now throwing P0430. I’ve run a basic scan tool and the sensors are within their voltage parameters and both sides are consistent when the engine is brought up off idle. That’s getting towards the extent of my mechanical knowledge. Obviously have done the other bits I mentioned in my first comment.
I’m certainly up for any suggestions from anyone with more experience with this type of thing.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Hey mate, yeah it’s running fine. That’s the O2 sensor (P2273) that I’ve changed a couple of times once being with the fuelmiser brand that physically looked a bit different to the one I removed. That then threw P0161 low voltage code on the new sensor. Took it back and chased up a Bosch sensor that was same as original. Ran fine for a day or so and now throwing P0430. I’ve run a basic scan tool and the sensors are within their voltage parameters and both sides are consistent when the engine is brought up off idle. That’s getting towards the extent of my mechanical knowledge. Obviously have done the other bits I mentioned in my first comment.
I’m certainly up for any suggestions from anyone with more experience with this type of thing.
There’s a thread somewhere that shows how to test the resistance of the O2’s.