Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Control Module - Failure

Road_Pilot

Road_Pilot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Hi All,

Over the past few day when ever I lock the car the four indicator lights remain on and you need to turn the hazard lights on/off a few times to clear them.

I took it to the dealer today and was advised that they had not heard of this problem. After they checked the system - they advised that I had a fault in the BCM unit and a replacement has been ordered.

This afternoon I was speaking with one of the senior mech at the Qld Police who advised that they have had the same problem in over 15 cars in the last few months.

He further stated that the final problem when this unit fails is that you can not start the vehicle.

Suggest if you have or develop this problem you need to get it back to a dealer ASAP.

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
G'day there Road_Pilot.

Excellent post Mate - thanks for the info. I've had this problem with my VZ also - except it's only the passenger side indicators which stay on. It happened to me the other day in bright daylight (so I didn't immediately see that they stayed on) - when I did notice it later that night when I had to go out, the battery had been drained too far for the bloody thing to start!! :rant (after leaving it overnight the battery nipped itself back up just enough to kick it over)

I'm due for my 45000, so I'll metion it to the guys - Hmmmm.....

Well done again bloke. Cheerz! :thumbsup:

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
G'day Troy - will try to Mate, but it's a lease car and the invoice goes to Summit. I do have to sign the work off when I pick the car up tho, so I'll try and get a squiz at the bottom line.

Cheerz! :thumbsup:

PS - will be doing a road trip to Canberra in the near future - interested??

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the indicators sticking on is a pretty common failure, it means a changeover BCM.
The failure causing a non start situation can also be BCM but is a completely different failure & not really related except for the fact its in the same box.

Rob