Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Conversation Spammers

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Morning All
This morning noticed 293 new registrations, these appear to be stemming from Russia and spamming members with crude and rather unwanted rubbish.

Have put a stop to registered members sending conversations until this can be resolved.

If you notice something else which is unwanted please drop something in this thread and will do my best to address this.

Will update this later on today once a clean up has been completed.

Cheers
Darren

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Keep reporting em.

I just deleted about 2 dozen accounts.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Have removed all the accounts from this morning bot fun.

Updated the challenge question upon new registrations which should keep them at bay for a little bit.

Of course in the mix were some valid accounts whilst I believe these have been exempt from removal there could be the possibility I missed some.

I should note the conversations received probably won't be removed, not sure I'm that adventurous to play around in the background at present.

AB 1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 vy manual ute and 1998 VS S pac ute
Thanks guys had one this morning which appears to have been sorted out. thank you for doing a great job as always.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Bit more of an update since yesterday, have gone through after the mornings database backup and removed the link of 13122 spam private messages sent out in a space of approximately 5 hours, of course emails would have been received so little we can do on that front.

Appears as though outgoing mail may still have issues with the mammoth backlog as spam is being detected from the server (and rightfully so due to the volume being sent), may need to reach out to the host to see whether they have a way of clearing out the backlog so legitimate mail can get through although this appears to be driven from the forum itself.

As a matter of interest please note we didn't intend for this to happen so no point sending through emails making threats to contact the police or making allegations the site condones this type of activity.

IIRC, this is the first time spammers have really got a hold and gone wild, they have become smarter over the years and unexpected to say the least.

Thanks to everyone who reported this and their support.

Cheers
Darren

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Looks like they are still trying. Spam cleaned a few new users will very similar user names to the recent spam attack.