Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

converting 2004 VY II BERLINA V6 to LPG

shark

Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina VY 2 '04
Hi Guys,
I bought a 2004 HOLDEN VYII BERLINA V6 with 59000 ks on the clock,
It runs real smooth, the only problem is the petrol Bill its killing me.
I want to covert it to LPG, i called one of the holden guys, but they say there is no approved kit for the stated model; I am afraid of installing other kits, for they might messup the computer tirp/fuel tracking system.
if any one has some expericance with converting the above model to lpg can you please provide some advice as to what kit /options should i look for?
some names of dealers in Parramatta area would be nice also;
Also someone told me that if you get the correct kit for the model, you might not lose the power.
thanks
:bang:

blownba

Reaction score
The best system for it would be LPG LIQUID injection.
The benefits of this system far exceed the factory kit, in fact it eats it for breakfast, and is the best system currently available for automotive LPG worldwide.
You will actually have a INCREASE in power over petrol. There is NO risk of backfire occurring. The best economy of any LPG system currently available. No piggy back ECU to drive the injectors, the liquid injectors are run by the petrol ECU directly, therefore less electronics makes the system more reliable. Engine longevity is better than any LPG system as the inlet valve runs cooler due to the liquid LPG being sprayed directly onto it.
And idle is smooth as silk and acceleration and engine torque are increased.

Unfortunately for you though, is that there are currently no fitters in Sydney. The closest to you would be Kurt at Aus LPG conversions in Woolongong. Give him a ring and he can help you out.
But also don't discount the standard Vapour injection systems, either. I reccomend the Eurogas system on the Ecotecs as it is the best system I have used on that engine.
You will not loose power and no risk of backfire again.
With both these systems you will not be able to integrate the gauge with the dash and distance to empty. The average consumption and instant consumption still work. (it can be done with Vapour system if you find a really good fitter, but its not easy and the change over when out of LPG function may not work and the gauge on the switch will have to receive a dummy full signal)
Hope that helps a bit.

shark

Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina VY 2 '04
hmm whats the main difference between the vapour and the liquid injection systems? and what costs are we talking about here? I also heard that using some LPG kits might actuly reduce the life of the engine is this true?

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
I realise your trying for some sydney based answers but Ive moved this to a more appropriate section (VY section) as the JCCC NSW section is for chatter about cruises and other club events in NSW :thumbsup: