Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

converting IRS to live

anfo

Reaction score
western sydney nsw although that could change
Members Ride
vp ss 5l
VP IRS wheel blues

Just recently bought a VP SS. It came with VH SLE wheels and rubber to boot and hadled like a pig on a frozen pond.

Right I thinks get some wider wheels and rubber ( you can see it coming can't ya) limited budget and any tyre places were telling $1400 at least for new wheels and rubber.

Bugger that says I!! So I went to a wrecker bought 4 VT SS rims for $200 picked up a set of 10 mm spacers and shoved them on the back.

Should be apples says the bloke at the tyre shop. But it ain't.

I get a horrible shriek sound on bumps and some corners and when I jacked her up have seen evidence of tyre rub against the inner guard.

The suspension might be stuffed but I am not sure so what do i do before I wear either tyre or inner guard out?

Any help appreciated
Anfo

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Just recently bought a VP SS. It came with VH SLE wheels and rubber to boot and hadled like a pig on a frozen pond.

Right I thinks get some wider wheels and rubber ( you can see it coming can't ya) limited budget and any tyre places were telling $1400 at least for new wheels and rubber.

Bugger that says I!! So I went to a wrecker bought 4 VT SS rims for $200 picked up a set of 10 mm spacers and shoved them on the back.

Should be apples says the bloke at the tyre shop. But it ain't.

I get a horrible shriek sound on bumps and some corners and when I jacked her up have seen evidence of tyre rub against the inner guard.

The suspension might be stuffed but I am not sure so what do i do before I wear either tyre or inner guard out?

Any help appreciated
Anfo

VT to VZ have different off sets and DONT FIT VP's buy the proper wheels with 28P or 30P offset. spacers are dodgey and can lead to snapped studs man. Should have just used some like VR SS wheels because the VH wheels should fit to well either cos 14's hit the brakes man