Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

converting manual mirrors to power mirrors

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
Hey guys, my vr ute has manual mirrors and one is broken and i need to replace it for rwc, was thinking about going to elec mirrors anyway.
has anyone done the conversion and what is needed is it just a matter of getting the door switch, both mirrors and the plugs and then running some power to them?
does anyone have a wiring schematic for them i could look at?

thanks in advance.

nakaz81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L 134 pack
im pretty sure mate that the wireing is in the door ect,just add the mirrors and mirror switch check the fuse and off you go.pull the drivers door card off and check for a small plug taped up on the loom in the door.if its there,off you go...............................

r2e2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L ute
nope its not there i also own a VR ute and want to do the same thing

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
If the mirror plugs are definately not there probably the easiest way is to get the front door looms out of sedan and take your old door looms out and fit the sedan ones and then check to see if the grey,violet and brown wires are run from door to door in your cars wiring already.They terminate in the multipin connectors that plug into the door loom plug behind the kick panels .... if they arent you will have run the 3 extra wires from r/h door to l /h door and also a pink power wire from fuse 11 to the right hand door connector.

Last edited:

nakaz81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L 134 pack
that must off been why i had the loom there as min was is a accident and i used sedan front doors,sorry guys for the invalid comment about them being there.

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
Your going to need the loom that runs behind the dash board, connecting both doors together, and connecting it to the power connector under your steering column. Also the door looms, both mirrors, door switch, door handle with the hole in it for the switch and the electric mirror cover for where the manual stick used to be. I only know this because i had to remove my one to upgrade to power windows, i had to swap it from just electric mirrors, to full electrics ( central locking, power window module etc...)

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I've just done this on a VN sedan, I just ran 3 wires from left to right and powered up the pink wire. As anarklov3r said, you will need the RH door grab handle with the hole in it, the two inner mirror covers and the switch.

westbad

Reaction score
Members Ride
was thinking of doing this to my ute.. some usefull info there