Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Converting to a VN Calais dash

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
its most likely a berlina. its not like someone is going to make a berlina mock up. theyre pretty much the same as an exec.

anyways. what features does it have? electric windows, velour seats?

does it have a berlina paintjob, such as the white paint with the black stripe around the car.
better yet. got a picture?

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
very good stocky, one is needed for the vr/vs section too:flame: ive done the mod but i aint good at explaining things :p

K

kitto

The car has nothing like central locking, power windows, good seats. It is as stock as.

nsladden

GET UTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Holden VP Ute S 5.0L & 1989 Holden VN 5sp Wag
Have a look in your owners manual and it shows you how to 'read' the VIN number, I would type it up for you but its dark and cold so im not going outside to get the manual.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
lsprewell said:
Its nice that people try to supply wiring diagrams, but i would stay away from that method, especially considering I have done the mod, with the aid of my father whom is a qualified auto electrician, and the above diagrams do not match my vn. It is a good idea to make your own diagram using both the wiring schematics form your manual for your model, and to check the new dashes out assignments, otherwise everything else you said pretty much sums it up. GREAT UPGRADE, doing the Climate Control system next. Cant wait.

PS: You got your dash pretty cheap too, I payed $135 for it, very good nick though. Make sure the flexible circuit is OK by examining it carefully upon purchase people, and check all that all the bulbs are working and making good contact.

Those diagrams are mine and are for a vp that I did about 5 years ago before the install was popular.They are how I wired mine and it works perfectly and has done for 5 years. Information is free ....most people who use them recognise that they arent exactly correct for all vn/ps according to their cars equipment and build date and have to be treated like that ....not just blindly used without any research .

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
ah well its good to know who created them. thanks for that. the diagrams seemed to be fine when installing into my VN, and if they work in the VP, i dont see what the problem is

lsprewell

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec to Calais
Nice job markovr, i was wondering who came up with them. I too have my own personal coloured diagrams i have made for my VN series 1 for future reference, although its mostly a reference thing.
And stocky, i have a VN and the diagrams do vary, sorry but they do. And VP's are different , its a manufacturers thing, swap a couple of wires, keep everyone guessing LOL!,

If you dont beleive me about the differences even within same models, go do some research and you will see i am correct, its not an unsolvable problem, its just one to look out for!

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
why dont people get it. these diagrams were fine for my VN. maybe the later 1991 model VNs had a different wiring loom, but these diagrams worked