Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Converting to a VN Calais dash

VN-88

fiery red vn manual
Reaction score
victoria , lakes entrance, u live there tell me!!
Members Ride
vn v6 s1 manual
hey stocky, ive got the trip buttons coming, and ill have a stage 3 gauge soon. i also have the forth plug from markovr. and a wiring diagram from him, the forth plug has heaps of wires coming of it. so do i need any other plugs??

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
it would help if you got the plug that goes into the back of the switchblock. it will make it easier to connect the new wires to your existing plug

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
lsprewell said:
You will need the 4th plug off a calais VN-88, and by the way Stocky, my VN is a 1990 model Series I and the wiring diagram was close, but not the same, sorry to dissapoint your theory.

read it again genius. my "theory" was that maybe the SERIES TWO had a different loom. jesus christ

an VN-88, berlinas wont have the right wiring, so just go look in a calais for one

vpbt1ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS manual
yeah with that diagram not all vp's r the same and not all the vn switches are the same and with the vp u also need to rewire the circut board if u want your interior light delay to work as its circuts are where the trip computer buttons go. some of the extra wiring on the clusters may also not be needed to be done.

lsprewell

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec to Calais
LOL! Don't get angry stocky, its a good theory, but its actually the other way around, Holden first started using the one loom in the VN early series for both Exec and Calais, apparantly, but stopped doing so shortly after, as it cut costs down due to the higher sales of the executive models. So you would be very hard to find any VN's execs that have all the extra calais plugs and stuff, thats all..... And what has Jesus Christ have to do with this...?

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah i was irritated last night after a long day of work. anyone got any other VN or VP diagrams they can post up here?

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
I got a S1, S1 Calais dash, S2 Motor... No loom changing apart from adding what was necasary for the calais cluster.......

GOD YOU PEOPLE COMPLAIN!!

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
HoZy said:
GOD YOU PEOPLE COMPLAIN!!

welcome to the internet:thumbsup: