Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Converting to Gas - any advice?

Stevie C

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Executive V6
A slightly lower power under LPG, but really no big deal at all.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
Hey Stevie C
what sort of gas tank do you have, is it the one in the boot under the parcel shelf (cylinder type) or is it the one in the wheel well (Donut type)??
If it is the cylinder type how much room is there between the underside of the parcel shelf and the top of the gas tank??

Stevie C

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Executive V6
As my details say.. I have a VY II Wagon, so its the Donut tank

BTW 3rd tank of LPG.....416kms 57lts LPG to fill $23. Have not added any unleaded since conversion. I run for about 15mins on unleaded after each tank of LPG.
Notice engine idles smoothly under LPG, chang from LPG to petrol almost totally unnoticeable. change from Petrol to LPG slight momentary pause.
Overall very good integration. If you have a VY go the Holden integrated kit. Well woth it IMHO.

Sent off my form for the 2k rebate. They say they will start paying mid October.

Steve

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
Stevie C said:
As my details say.. I have a VY II Wagon, so its the Donut tank

BTW 3rd tank of LPG.....416kms 57lts LPG to fill $23. Have not added any unleaded since conversion. I run for about 15mins on unleaded after each tank of LPG.
Notice engine idles smoothly under LPG, chang from LPG to petrol almost totally unnoticeable. change from Petrol to LPG slight momentary pause.
Overall very good integration. If you have a VY go the Holden integrated kit. Well woth it IMHO.

Sent off my form for the 2k rebate. They say they will start paying mid October.

Steve

Do you have any part numbers / kit numbers for the genuine holden lpg conversion?
I went to my holden dealer and they didn't know that there was a genuine holden kit.
I told them that there is but they hadn't heard of one and couldnt see it on there computer system

bennzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX II Berlina GenIII V8 5.7
holdensupporter2005 - its not exactly a genuine holden kit thats out there, its a aftermarket holden design kit made by impco.

i have the 5.7L holden system on my vx but its designed for the vy and beyond. its designed very well, love it on my car, shame the gauge that it comes with is in a **** place, but will have to work out a better place for it in the vx

TheJack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim 3.8
Who's the LPG expert in Melbourne?

Ive got the old IMPCO with issues and Ive blown the airbox off twice.

Ive spent a few hundred $$$ on new leads, coil pack, and whatever else they scratch thier head and try changing to fix it.:bang:

I'm sick of all the guess work and conflicting comments about LPG, I just want to know who the best place in Melbourne is for fitting LPG to V6's?

Is there an expert in LPG V6's who can pimp my system up so it works instead of just playing around costing me a fortune in guess work with these gas cowboys?? Now Ive noticed water in my oil and looking at getting a whole new v6 on LPG dropped in but wouldn't know where to start or who to trust.
Anyone in Melbourne found a good LPG place for Holdens?

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
:thumbsup: little johny howard said he'll donate $1,000 to each person getting gas fitted to their cars ... it costs $3,000 to fix ...:ranting: then in about 2 years time, little johny is gonna introduce gas excise to get his $1,000 back again ... doesnt seem worth it getting gas fitted, does it ?

chony

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 ss
lpg on gen 3

hi mate. i was just reading your thread on lpg on a gen 3. i have had mine running on a vapour injection system now for about 4 months or 6ooo ks. it set me back 4400. but was worth it. no probs at all and no noticable loss of power. it was a 'apg' system fitted by neil warhurst automotive in mannum sa. any qs let me know and ill try and help. cheers

bennzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX II Berlina GenIII V8 5.7
TheJack, where in melbourne do you live? i know a really good gas mechanic that does a good job, has worked on my 2 cars that are on gas, he did my gen3 commo and the old ford which ford my bro has, done my parents car on gas and also mechanical servicing.

TheJack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim 3.8
Best LPG Conversions in Melbourne?

TheJack, where in melbourne do you live? i know a really good gas mechanic that does a good job, has worked on my 2 cars that are on gas, he did my gen3 commo and the old ford which ford my bro has, done my parents car on gas and also mechanical servicing.

I'm in Mount Waverley, work in Boronia.
Sorry I took a while getting back to this but I've been sorting out issues, sold my VS & brought a VY so am looking again at the best LPG conversions in Melbourne now.
Thanks