Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Converting to VLT, AFM Question.

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Im currently converting to VLT and i have a question about a the afm positionng. My crossover pipe has been plubmed for a bov and i know this might affect the running of the car because when the bov releases, the motor doesnt actually get the air the afm thinks it gets. so to overcome this problem i have thought of 2 solutions. 1, move afm to inbetween the bov and plenum? or, plumback the bov into the intake? or both?

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
plumback is the legal way to do it. so you kill 2 birds with 2 stones. solve the afm issue and keep the car legal.

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Yer i was also just thinkin, if i were to move the afm, i would have to put a spacer in the factory location, and extend the crossover pipe to the turbo.

warney

did you say bukakki party
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL skid car what else are they built to do
plum back , it it illegal in s.a ?? , afm should be ok where it is , it work just finebov is just expelled air , thats all

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
plumback is legal, bov is illegal. they reckon bovs effect the emissiosns of some bullshit its written in the info bulliten somewhere.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
there is a certain type of BOV where you can swap the end for a mesh/filter type fitting which are legal.