Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Converting V6 Auto to Manual on VS???

kyleat1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
hi i wanted to do the same thing on my vs but dont know if the speed alert will be afected or not

mal62

VR Going Wild
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5 Speed Wagon & VS Auto Wagon & 98 VS Statesman
well it doesn't effect the speed alert on my VR

mal62

VR Going Wild
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well i don't know, a lot of the people that i spoke to while doing the conversion never said anything about it and i would guess from memory that they are completly different setups anyway, its no hassles to get your speedo working again with a manual speed sensor.
:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

MBS206

Reaction score
You can't swap it with out swapping shafts, having bits and pieces machined, etc etc etc.

Just wire it up how Mal has said in his thread in the electrical area. Works a treat. My issue seems to be a dodgy cluster.

mal62

VR Going Wild
Reaction score
Members Ride
if your tailshaft is wrong ie you have a wagon and the conversion is from a sedan simply split the tailshaft in the middle and use the front of the tailshaft from the sedan and the rear section from the wagon and it is a perfect fit & length.
:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

krisjanik

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl executive
hey guys im into the conversion vr v6 auto wagon to a t5 out of a vn got the box for $ 350 ( inc clutch, pedals, flywheel but cant use it on a vr motor ) think this guy was on drugs only has 2000 and out of a rite off, got it so cheap of ebay because he listed it wrong neway i got the auto box off ,pedals in and now wating to find a flywheel so i can put the box on. need a few more parts for the cluch the thing that engages it ( thrust bering i think ) but has been pretty easy 4 me 4 first time so give it a go !!!!

mal62

VR Going Wild
Reaction score
Members Ride
i got my 8 bolt flywheel from commodore wreckers in brisbane ( 07 55263033) for $250 and that was including freight to Townsville. I rang all around Australia looking for a 8 bolt flywheel ( no longer available new) and he was the cheapest everybody else was $450 to $650 mark, this guy can most probably help you with most parts that you will need and is reasonably priced as well, but i would be putting a complete new clutch kit in though rather then relying on a secondhand clutch and most new kits have a complete throw out bearing in them so it doesnt work out too bad dollars wise
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

MBS206

Reaction score
You'll also want a manual starter motor.
And go to holden, and buy the bolts brand new for the flywheel (Manual fly wheel bolts) and buy the 6 pressure plate bolts brand new also,
Then go to a clutch place, and buy a brand new, heavy duty clutch, heavy duty pressure plate, and thrust bearing.
Save doing ti all later.

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
hey thanks for all the help guys...I dont know whether I want to blow my tax on this or buying an L67 and wacking that it...lol...I wish I had the money o do both...:yeah: