Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Converting VK Dash to digital - can it be done?

Mumfi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
We have been told by someone that it is easy to change a VK dash over to a digital.......
So we went out and bought a digital dash, only to find that is not the case.

We took it to a mechanic and he wants to charge $700.00 to do it for us.

Is it possible to do it ourselves? We got the wiring loom that goes with the dash.

The dash in it now has a broken speedo, and thought it might be nice to go digital.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
Lol yes its possible
But dude.. Search.. It's been covered like 600 times

Mumfi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Thanks, I did try searching it on here, but could not find instructions on it.... I am not very computer literate... sorry
Will keep looking!

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
We have been told by someone that it is easy to change a VK dash over to a digital.......
So we went out and bought a digital dash, only to find that is not the case.

We took it to a mechanic and he wants to charge $700.00 to do it for us.

Is it possible to do it ourselves? We got the wiring loom that goes with the dash.

The dash in it now has a broken speedo, and thought it might be nice to go digital.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

My advice dont do it, I have a complete conversion waiting to go into my VK and I dont think I will do it.
Its more than just the cluster & harness, you need the transducer, speedo cables, cluster surround, various sensors such as low coolant etc as well.

If you have all the parts it is doable, my suggestion is to buy the holden VK manual suppliemt of ebay such as Holden Commodore VK Supplement 1984 - 1988 - Manual, Download Service, installation, instructions, user guide, how to, help, Manuals Online to buy and download. but on evil bay about $20-$50

cheers
Scott