Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Converting VR Executive light to a VR Calais interior light...

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Thats exactly what you need. You will need to wire up the reading lights, it's only one wire needed, pretty basic, can't remember if it's negative or positive. It will fit cos i've got one in mine and also have the rear lights too.

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
what about VY-VZ ones with the sunglasses holder, do they just wire up at the front, or even the back, can u get a VT-VX centre light for it, will it all just wire up the same....

noizwerx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Exec
Its pretty easy to convert to the Calais light. Just make sure the wire for the map lights is the positive wire for the interior light, as the switch earths back to the body. You'll also need to make room for the globe holder in the roof lining, so a small cutout is essential

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
My dad tried the vt-vx one for the centre light but it i don't think it fitted. The vy-vz one will fit, i've seen it done, they mount it between the sunvisors up the front. A bracket needs to be made for it to fit it to the roof but other than that it should be ok to fit.