Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Converting vs front and rear brakes to vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs executive
Hey everyone just wondering if I can get some advice on converting my front and rear brakes to vt. It's non abs and solid rear axle

I have vt front callipers and lines and vy/vz wagon rears also got a vt booster , just wondering how to set up the rear solid axle its been stripped down to only the axles am aware I need rotors and pads..cheers

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You would need the VT booster modified to fit the VS.

The VS booster will be fine to use.

Just put the diff back together and fit it to the car. When it comes time to fit the brakes, fit the ones you have there.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
As above the VY booster won't bolt up without mods to the firewall and pedal setup. A great upgrade instead is to adapt a VT-VY master cylinder to fit the VS booster. Guide here, I've done this a number of times: https://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=134762

Especially handy if you're putting VT calipers on as you'll end up with more pedal play - the VS master isn't really suited to a bigger caliper with more fluid displacement

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
I have VT fronts, VT mc and VT booster in my VP. I needed to modify the bracket and booster but not the firewall. Mod to the booster is just to weld up the hole in the push rod and re-drill it a little closer to the booster. The bracket is modded as described by Marco. He also offers them for sale. It's a good upgrade. Much lighter pedal needed with a good progressive feel and much better stopping power. I only have the 298mm VT rotors under 15" CSA rims. The rotors are straight slotted and not sure I would bother with them again as they whir under high speed braking. Marco reckons curved slotted are better in that regard.