Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cooking

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
Thanks mpower. Will try that. and also to the others, i will get you all the details, it was just a quick glance at it and thought i had the make correct. geez
all hail the keyboard warriors
23816150.jpg

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
CE1250M | Boss Audio Systems

Ok so i got my info wrong. however, i was not asking advice on buying a new amp, i was simply wanting info on where and how people have mounted their amps. yall simply go for the whole, buy a new amp line all to often and its farking annoying.

Tis a Boss CE1250M running 2x 600W subs in a twin enclosure. Ive just been out and checked.not asking opinion on quality of amps or any of that, just simply best place to mount.....

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Your question was answered before you became rude.

The common opinion of buying a new amp was because it'd be the most effective solution.

You were also told to mount it with fins up to help cool it, to try fans as it will delay the overheating which was also repeated further down the thread and to try under the seat aiming AC at it. What else do you want us to tell you? :unsure: There's no secret solution.

Your amp is rated at 375Wrms at 4 ohm but only has a 30A fuse which indicates that it would only make about 270W before hitting it's peak. What are your subs? Model? Power rating? Resistance? I have a feeling you're just running your amp very hard as first thought.

I've highlighted the helpful information so you don't miss it again :thumbsup:

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
FML... now i remember why i walked away from the thread. I do not run my subs hard, i have minimal gain and all tuning is done thru my HU.

Ya know what, powers that be, please close this thread because there is nothing useful coming out of it.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
No one said you run your subs hard. What are you reading? :hmmm:

Subs aren't that efficient, 2 subs could easily be using up that whole 270W from the amp without it sounding like you're running anything hard.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
well there ya answer boss is junk ebay crap , I only use high end pioneer and Kenwood amps , mine have always been installed below the parcel shelf in the boot , never had a problem. Like the old saying goes , get what ya pay for.

so there for it doesn't matter that much ware ya mount it , that's why we all say get a amp that can handle your subs accordant , and always go that little bit more than you need , so then you never have to upgrade latter on.:beer chug:

Last edited:

OzNath

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Manual
Kenwood makes good amps and Pioneer all the way for head units. Im running a 900 rms kenwood Kac 9105D it's got a fan built in it. Powering my SVC 4 ohm 400 rms Pioneer sub wired at 4 ohms putting out 500 rms, doesn't even get warm =). We will soon see how good the amp is when i wire my 1000 rms 2 ohm Pioneer 12 at 1 ohm and see if i can get it warm =)

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Kenwood makes good amps and Pioneer all the way for head units. Im running a 900 rms kenwood Kac 9105D it's got a fan built in it. Powering my SVC 4 ohm 400 rms Pioneer sub wired at 4 ohms putting out 500 rms, doesn't even get warm =). We will soon see how good the amp is when i wire my 1000 rms 2 ohm Pioneer 12 at 1 ohm and see if i can get it warm =)
[Ignore the following as the amp is 1 ohm stable :)]

The Kenwood will probably get very hot or fail as it's designed to run down to only 2 ohm. Running a 1 ohm load from that amp will be drawing a lot more power than it was meant to.

Two of the 400Wrms SVC Pioneers in parallel would be much better suited to that amp.

Last edited:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Dunno if you are still interested in ideas OP, one other thing is to make sure the amp isn't mounted flush as in you mount it on something that raises it even a small amount so you get air flowing around the amp.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
running at minimum gain rather than setting up properly could cause issues as when at high volume the input signal could be clipping