Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

coolant leak cant find where its coming from!! vn s2 engine

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 vp executive s2
hey guys just wondering if any one can give me some ideas on where to start looking

its behind alternater and powersteering pump iv removed majority of the stuff in the way but still cant find where its coming from!!
it streams down the driver side of engine onto engine mount, only just started recently put the engine in had it running multiple times for 10 mins or so at a time the left it for a day put fresh coolent in then it started leaking!!!

ANY HELP WILL BE MUCHLY APPRECIATED :) THANKS IN ADVANCE

Attachments

• COOOOOOLENT LEAK .jpg
    COOOOOOLENT LEAK .jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 214

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
most likely your inlet manifold coolant bypass hose. its a bent S shaped rubber hose going from the top of the water pump to the inlet manifold. the fitting its clamped to is likely the culprit. plastic gets brittle and cracks or o-ring perishes letting coolant by. replace it with the aftermarket metal upgrade. theres an identical plastic tap fitting at the back of the manifold too. i did mine like 3 months ago after a new radiator and top/bottom hoses. get new hose clamps too, luck favors the prepared...

s-l300.jpg

$_57.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 vp executive s2
most likely your inlet manifold coolant bypass hose. its a bent S shaped rubber hose going from the top of the water pump to the inlet manifold. the fitting its clamped to is likely the culprit. plastic gets brittle and cracks or o-ring perishes letting coolant by. replace it with the aftermarket metal upgrade. theres an identical plastic tap fitting at the back of the manifold too. i did mine like 3 months ago after a new radiator and top/bottom hoses. get new hose clamps too, luck favors the prepared...

s-l300.jpg

$_57.JPG
thanks mate will have a look in the morning