Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

coolant leak from the transmission pan commodore berlina vx

pearl1133

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden commodore vx berlina 2002
i have a lot of coolant coming out off or near the transmission pan

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
No coolant goes to the transmission. Probably a welch plug leaking or the heater core is leaking and coolant is coming from the A/C drain
hose

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
most likely the welch plug mine was leaking in that area as well when i brought my WH Ls1 it was a rear passenger side, unless there is a burst hose to heater core it wont leak lots like you say it is Define lots like do you have to keep filling it up to run the car or if left over night a puddle appears under the trany?

pearl1133

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden commodore vx berlina 2002
most likely the welch plug mine was leaking in that area as well when i brought my WH Ls1 it was a rear passenger side, unless there is a burst hose to heater core it wont leak lots like you say it is Define lots like do you have to keep filling it up to run the car or if left over night a puddle appears under the trany?
[i do have to fill up the radiator every day 500mls or less [my car is a commodore berlina] and is the heater hose running next to the transmission pan ,cos thats were its coming from ,thanks

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
could be thormostat

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
[i do have to fill up the radiator every day 500mls or less [my car is a commodore berlina] and is the heater hose running next to the transmission pan ,cos thats were its coming from ,thanks

The A/C drain hose is above the transmission and as I said, if the heater core which is in the heater box is leaking coolant will come out of the A/C drain hose.