Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jake96

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 vz ute v6
Could anyone help me out, took my 2008 v6 ve to a mechanic shop because I have a bad idle, they looked over it and told me that my engine mounts a rooted and need replacing, while looking they reckon they also found I have a coolant leak coming from the 'filler housing' I have no idea what a filler housing is, they reckon it's going to cost from $550 - $600 to fix can anyone explain where the filler housing is and if it would cost that much to fix and is it a serious leak I should get fixed asap? Cheers

whats up

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Could anyone help me out, took my 2008 v6 ve to a mechanic shop because I have a bad idle, they looked over it and told me that my engine mounts a rooted and need replacing, while looking they reckon they also found I have a coolant leak coming from the 'filler housing' I have no idea what a filler housing is, they reckon it's going to cost from $550 - $600 to fix can anyone explain where the filler housing is and if it would cost that much to fix and is it a serious leak I should get fixed asap? C

There is a good coverage of this being repaired on Youtube.
Have U removed the filler cap lately?
If she's done a few ks then the chances of the cap being in 2 pieces are pretty high.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Does the $600 include engine mounts? That would be ok but if it's just for the filler neck that's a joke. The neck is about $120 online plus 1 hour to fit and a few o rings.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
You dont even replace the filler neck, lossen intake manifold bolts so you can lift it up, undo the two 10mm bolts and replace O ring and the seal. 10min job.