Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coolant leak

jakewaze

Jakewaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Spack S1 Auto
Hi
My Vn S1 V6 has started to leak coolant from the drivers side botton of the radiator. I can't see where it coming from i can see it running down the plastic gaurd under the front of the car. So is there a drain plug at the bottom that could be leaking or is the radiator screwed. By the way it is only a small leak after it has warmed up and is then turned off.
thanks.

Last edited:

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
I had this problem ended up being a small leak in the core. A radiator sealer temporarily fixed the problem for now, a pressure test would give you a better indication.

And theres no drain plug, you just take off the bottom hose thats connected to the radiator and it will drain.

Last edited:

crazy.vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
Might be a crack in the plastic side. My sister had that problem and had to replace the radiator. Got one off ebay for a hundred bucks.

jakewaze

Jakewaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Spack S1 Auto
cheers guys, i might put it on the ramps and see if i can patch it

COMMY VP 666

COMMY VP V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
COMMODORE VP
hey mate i know a mate that repairs radiators if you need his number pm me thanks

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
i had a crack in the drivers side plastic header. got one off ebay for ~110 and chucked it in. hours work max, i guess less on a S1 that bleeds itself

i think if you lean on the fan shroud it can put pressure on the tanks and crack them.