Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coolant Leaking?

dobes

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT
Hey guys
My car has been overheating quite a bit ever since i got it serviced from bay city holden
I checked my coolant and noticed that it was reading empty levels so i topped it off and as i was doing it, it was literally gushing out at the bottom lol
So how do i go about fixing this? I might take it to the mechanics but if its an easy fix i wont bother

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
you say its gushing out the bottom??? specially after a service ild take it back to em mate..

Otherwise check all your hoses and for holes/ brakes in the radiator..
Sounds like the problems that happend to my old vt
take it back if its recent broski

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
If it's gushing out you should be able to see where it's leaking from. If they changed the coolant it sounds like they would have loosened the top and bottom radiator hoses and maybe didn't tighten them properly afterwards.

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
Check your hoses mate, sometimes the fasteners become useless if they've been taken off

Hot-Rod

SuPaFlY -LiV3 Surviv3 Di3
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VX Commodore Series 2
Dobes,

There is a overfill feature attached to the coolant bottle. If you're filling it while the coolant temp it hot in the system it will gush out from the coolant overflow bottle.

the usual common overheating issues can be, faulty radiator, split tanks in the radiator, faultly piping, air in the system, faulty thermostat, faulty heater tap. Anyway goodluck.