Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coolant leaking

Curto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY commodore
So I just recently had my radiator replaced due to being cracked and leaking pretty badly.. but even since then I've still being having abit of coolant leaking. My mechanic said it would just be from the overflow due to being overfilled.. but I'm abit worried it could be something else? So I was wondering would it be anything to do with the water pump?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Make sure that the clamps on all the coolant hoses (especially the ones connected to the radiator) are done up nice and tight. If the water pump is leaking it will be leaking from the bottom so that should be easy to check.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
If the air wasn’t bled from the system, or was bled poorly then it will be overflowing from the over flow.

All you can do is look where you are seeing the coolant after the car has been parked, and take it from there.

If you are smelling coolant, that would be normal if the coolant has not been washed down very well after the repair.