Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coolant Temp Sensor Voltage to High (code 15)

BOA32

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS 3.8L V6 EXECUTIVE - 4SPEED AUTO - SEDAN
Cheers for ur reply "wateva" its muchly appreciated. It just happened again and iv only now noticed that the battery warning light comes on the dash when it happens (no other warning lights)

BottleFedVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais 5.0L & 80 Series Landcruiser
I suggest that you check the wiring to the Coolant temperature sender as you said it is still throwing a code 15.
as these cars are now up to and over 20 years old there may be a small break in an old brittle wire.
I hope that helps!

commodorev6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais V6
i have a VS Commodore V6 and lately its been cutting out when it gets hot,usually about 15mins of driving and wont start for about 15mins or so, my fuel consumption has increased dramatically.. i have replaced the coolant temp sensor but it still throws code 15. now it starts but when accelerator is touched even slightly it splutters and carries on and stalls, like its getting to much fuel or something. It also shows on diagnosis computer that coolant temp is -38 degrees and jumps around all over the place? i can post pics of the diagnostic info pages if that would help.. Any info is muchly appreciated as my car is stuck on side of the road.

@BOA32 - My car is currently having the same issues as described in this thread. Was this resolved? Did you come to a conclusion as to what the issue was?

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Try Start Conversation

BeigxZr.png

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
That member was last online in Feb 2017! good luck with that ;)

The member mentions a couple of issues. Battery warning light coming on. Check alternator.
Temp sensor voltage, check sensor and wiring, replace if faulty.