Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cooling/Heating Problems

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
I'm just trying to work out why I can't get any heat in my car even when the heating is turned up full. I've checked all the controls and they're all working fine. Heater valve seems to be OK too.

I flushed out the cooling system today and noticed that there doesn't seem to be any coolant circulating back into the surge tank. I'm assuming it's meant to flow back to the surge tank through the pipe that comes off the side of it and goes into the top of the engine. Am I right in thinking this?

Could the problem be the thermostat? And if so is it difficult to change on a series 1 VN V6?

Any suggestions as its doing my head in! I freeze every time I drive the car:confused:

stockvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec,honda civic,mazda626
did you bleed the air out of the system after you did the flush it could be that you havent or its prolly a blocked hose

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Yeah,I had the heater on full and bled the system afterwards! It's never blown hot air since i've had the car.

The water pump is quite new and so are most of the hoses. I'll check all the hoses tomorrow.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
probably your heater tap man, check to see that its connected properly....ive seen ones before where people have had theirs break and instead of replacing it they have re-routed the flow of coolant back to the block.