Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cooling problems

ourrosie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport
Hello there i am new to this site.

I help my son with his Clubsport drag car. We have started to have problems with a leak from the coolant catch can. It was so bad on the weekend that we had to replace it. It happens just after he has finished his run as if the pressure is to much for the can. We have looked at a number of issues but cant figure out why its doing this.

Has anybody out there had a similar problem or can anybody have a stab at what may be causing this to happen, after all a run only takes 10 seconds so why is it getting that hot that the catch would leak.

Faisal Khan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Chevy Lumina
Hello there i am new to this site.

I help my son with his Clubsport drag car. We have started to have problems with a leak from the coolant catch can. It was so bad on the weekend that we had to replace it. It happens just after he has finished his run as if the pressure is to much for the can. We have looked at a number of issues but cant figure out why its doing this.

Has anybody out there had a similar problem or can anybody have a stab at what may be causing this to happen, after all a run only takes 10 seconds so why is it getting that hot that the catch would leak.

Try to run Evans water-less coolant..it is straight mix of glycol and solves pressure problems very well..and is available in Australia.
Down side..it isn't as efficient as water in removing heat and you may need to increase your rad capacity by 50-100% and also run your engine hotter for more efficient heat transfer..however, running the engine hotter is still safer with Evans and you can still advance your timing as compared to straight water..been using this product for a long time in Saudi..cannot complain..except the price tag!