Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cooling System Series 2 VX V6 eco

Whats wrong with it lol

• Headgasket?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Was just valley gaskets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

vxlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX berlina/ 3.8L ecojet S2
Right so iv noticed that my V6 temp gauge sits in between half and the line just before half sits in the middle fans kick in about 109ish, iv replaced the pump flushed the radiator thermostat i tested that with the pot opened fine, but im losing water iv also just done my valley gaskets, after i found oil in my water but no oil in my water the oil is clean, but when i go to bleed it and think im done ill open the radiator cap and theres next to no water so its got me iv heard it can be different things but want others reckon as im stuck a little may be my heater core blocked up but dang who knows iv done it properly but clearly missed something out!! Please help me haha cheers

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Best to have the coolant checked for exhaust gas. That should give you a good idea if the HG is leaking

vxlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Best to have the coolant checked for exhaust gas. That should give you a good idea if the HG is leaking
and its definitely bot my rear main seal thats dry will try this cheers

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Is the expansion bottle also empty? ......when doing water pump ect how much water/coolant did you put back in?
are you seeing any coolant on the ground?
have you replaced radiator cap with correct rated one or at all

vxlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Is the expansion bottle also empty? ......when doing water pump ect how much water/coolant did you put back in?
are you seeing any coolant on the ground?
have you replaced radiator cap with correct rated one or at all
There is water in my overflow yes, it still had water in it, and nope not 1 leak that i can see iv tighten the hoses/changed clamps but haven't had a chance to bleed it again but its holding water right now and has been off for a day but when i drive it and come back it usually goes down

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
prob have a bucket of air still in the system...takes between 5 to 6lt of coolant maybe a tad less or more after a rad flush/ pump replacemnt....10+ lt if block is drained
if system is working fine it should empty res before the rad starts to drop level....do a search for bleeding coolant system there are a few slightly different techniques...if you 100% certain the system is bleed right and not seeing any coolant on ground then the only place it can go is in the cabin or out the exhaust.....

vxlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
prob have a bucket of air still in the system...takes between 5 to 6lt of coolant maybe a tad less or more after a rad flush/ pump replacemnt....10+ lt if block is drained
if system is working fine it should empty res before the rad starts to drop level....do a search for bleeding coolant system there are a few slightly different techniques...if you 100% certain the system is bleed right and not seeing any coolant on ground then the only place it can go is in the cabin or out the exhaust.....
None out the exhaust

vxlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Seems dry, will look under it when i get home as i do get a smell of water, only when hauling ass really, cap seems ok iv got multiple caps and this is with and without alloy and factory radiator