Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cop trouble.... Help

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
this sounds a lot like when i had my volvo 240 defected, was on the way to sisters birthday party after the massive blitz here in northeastern suburbs of adel started (doesnt seem to have ended), mighta posted about it in the thread i started yesterday.

Cutting to the fun bits, after accusing me of driving without p plates up (i was p2's at the time, he didnt know what they were, even after telling him he still wanted to book me and let court sort it out til i showed him the print on my license where it said they didnt need to be displayed) , being polite helping him out demonstating how i couldnt have been speeding, i then get 'oh well guess have to defect your car' ,ordered to pop my hood, looks over tries to rip my battery out (with a lot of force) i ask if everythings ok, he's like yep hops in his car (its 45 degrees, you know what day this was on in feb..) i wait 2 minutes standing around he rolls down his window orders me to sit on the footpath, at this point i realise the guy is tryna fix me as he's looking through differant folders, calling in on my license, he gets out 5 minutes later, starts mouthing off about me speeding and telling me i have an official warning, i start to ask if im being charged so i can find what im dealing with, he continues to mouth off to me about my recklessness in speading i demand several times to know the charge, he remarks your license plate is defective, thats a $520 fine. I argue to him its legal there was a little paint flaking on it but the law states as long as its visible from more then 3 meters away in daylight and night your fine.

So he walks over and scrapes my plate and says yep. I shockingly reply you cant do that, he sounding like he's enjoying it replies oh well your car is defected, i ask, he goes yep engines leaking oil, so you cant sell this car or drive it longer then 1 hour from now on, your lucky i dont do worse. When i started sorting out the mess and finding that not many cars pass regency and that the smallest things would see it fail i repaired the car all myself (anything that was defectable that could be fixed) there was no oil leak from the engine.

Consulted with the local cops to get them close rank on me and defend the officers conduct and attitude and told to just 'pay the fines and get a new car'. Went and spoke to a friend at another cop station explained what had happened and was told deffinately complain but it wont do anything, finally got papers in the mail to find out i got booked by a desk constable from holden hill (as my mate described most cops have a number they have to makeup, he was just out looking to write up). On the sheets it also had listed that oil leaks had to be done at regency nowhere else, my car wouldnt have passed regency even with all the work done to it

Noticed on the forms numerous mistakes, first of all the defect notice he claimed to book me on one street, and on the fine sheet he noted he booked me for it at the exact same time.... on another street, he also mucked up my license info, and the best part of all, he claimed the vehicle inspection type was a VIS (vehicle inspection station) so he claimed he was regency.. went and consulted a lawyer to find that there is no way to fight a defect short of taking it to regency as the cops make their own rules on it, and that if i presented the evidence i had to the cops to fight the fine they would simply alter the documents so my only defense for the fine was elect to be prosecuted and present the evidence at court, that if i could get the car undefected i would make the defect sheet valid and legal, and then the fine would not stand up as how can i be in two places at once.

Went to another area police station asked them if they could do a minor vehicle defect check, got their permission to drive it, got a unrego pass to drive it there, got them to sign off on the sheets even got a 'wow this guy really messed up on the form' remark as well, they accepted the form, i told them what the cop had been up to and was just told dont drive the car in the area as he will just defect it again (then got bragging about how they can defect brand new cars if they want, seems to be an SA cop typical saying). Got it all back on the road, drove it around until i got my VR and in the mean time and during the month where i didnt have my car....

kept running into the same cop over and over.... walking to work... mates driving to work... was freaky... one day was in a car with a mates father who was giving me a lift to work had the cop look me in the eyes from his patrol car and do the 'im watching you' gesture.

You can probably see why im a bit paranoid with my VR atm... ive passed him a few times, he's only out on days hes cruising for easy marks each time he's already had a p plater pulled over and just does his usual gesture (which seriously should count as a legal threat). Just hoping on those rare days he's out and hasnt already pulled someone over i dont run into him.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
this sounds a lot like when i had my volvo 240 defected, was on the way to sisters birthday party after the massive blitz here in northeastern suburbs of adel started (doesnt seem to have ended), mighta posted about it in the thread i started yesterday.

Cutting to the fun bits, after accusing me of driving without p plates up (i was p2's at the time, he didnt know what they were, even after telling him he still wanted to book me and let court sort it out til i showed him the print on my license where it said they didnt need to be displayed) , being polite helping him out demonstating how i couldnt have been speeding, i then get 'oh well guess have to defect your car' ,ordered to pop my hood, looks over tries to rip my battery out (with a lot of force) i ask if everythings ok, he's like yep hops in his car (its 45 degrees, you know what day this was on in feb..) i wait 2 minutes standing around he rolls down his window orders me to sit on the footpath, at this point i realise the guy is tryna fix me as he's looking through differant folders, calling in on my license, he gets out 5 minutes later, starts mouthing off about me speeding and telling me i have an official warning, i start to ask if im being charged so i can find what im dealing with, he continues to mouth off to me about my recklessness in speading i demand several times to know the charge, he remarks your license plate is defective, thats a $520 fine. I argue to him its legal there was a little paint flaking on it but the law states as long as its visible from more then 3 meters away in daylight and night your fine.

So he walks over and scrapes my plate and says yep. I shockingly reply you cant do that, he sounding like he's enjoying it replies oh well your car is defected, i ask, he goes yep engines leaking oil, so you cant sell this car or drive it longer then 1 hour from now on, your lucky i dont do worse. When i started sorting out the mess and finding that not many cars pass regency and that the smallest things would see it fail i repaired the car all myself (anything that was defectable that could be fixed) there was no oil leak from the engine.

Consulted with the local cops to get them close rank on me and defend the officers conduct and attitude and told to just 'pay the fines and get a new car'. Went and spoke to a friend at another cop station explained what had happened and was told deffinately complain but it wont do anything, finally got papers in the mail to find out i got booked by a desk constable from holden hill (as my mate described most cops have a number they have to makeup, he was just out looking to write up). On the sheets it also had listed that oil leaks had to be done at regency nowhere else, my car wouldnt have passed regency even with all the work done to it

Noticed on the forms numerous mistakes, first of all the defect notice he claimed to book me on one street, and on the fine sheet he noted he booked me for it at the exact same time.... on another street, he also mucked up my license info, and the best part of all, he claimed the vehicle inspection type was a VIS (vehicle inspection station) so he claimed he was regency.. went and consulted a lawyer to find that there is no way to fight a defect short of taking it to regency as the cops make their own rules on it, and that if i presented the evidence i had to the cops to fight the fine they would simply alter the documents so my only defense for the fine was elect to be prosecuted and present the evidence at court, that if i could get the car undefected i would make the defect sheet valid and legal, and then the fine would not stand up as how can i be in two places at once.

Went to another area police station asked them if they could do a minor vehicle defect check, got their permission to drive it, got a unrego pass to drive it there, got them to sign off on the sheets even got a 'wow this guy really messed up on the form' remark as well, they accepted the form, i told them what the cop had been up to and was just told dont drive the car in the area as he will just defect it again (then got bragging about how they can defect brand new cars if they want, seems to be an SA cop typical saying). Got it all back on the road, drove it around until i got my VR and in the mean time and during the month where i didnt have my car....

kept running into the same cop over and over.... walking to work... mates driving to work... was freaky... one day was in a car with a mates father who was giving me a lift to work had the cop look me in the eyes from his patrol car and do the 'im watching you' gesture.

You can probably see why im a bit paranoid with my VR atm... ive passed him a few times, he's only out on days hes cruising for easy marks each time he's already had a p plater pulled over and just does his usual gesture (which seriously should count as a legal threat). Just hoping on those rare days he's out and hasnt already pulled someone over i dont run into him.

absolutely ridiculous. that is disgraceful

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.

thats wrong brother, bad luck, id defect his car with a sticker if i knew where he lived lol !

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
ive had my licence for 11 months (1 more then i go on p2 system) i have only ever been pulled over once and thats when i had two people in the car but one was 22 so he said thankyou for pulling over, sorry for accusing you and drove off.

I was shocked how quick and easy it was but was also happy that their not all pricks:thumbsup: