Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cops caring about exhaust loudness?

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
Hey guys,

Was just wondering if cops are still cracking down on hearing loud cars and booking them anymore or not?

You see subaru's and other jap craps with cannons on them and they don't seem to ever get booked. Anyone on here ever get booked lately for having their car being too loud?

If you have, how did you get caught, them pulling you over or and RBT or a random inspection thing?
Also wondering what dB reading you got or the system you have on your car?

Just asking as i have just tested my car... :whistling

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I'm been at lights next to cops and they have never cared. Never once been asked or told about my exhaust. And only once even been pulled over for a 'random' breathe test, all the other times have been full traffic stops, where every car is pulled over.

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
I'm been at lights next to cops and they have never cared. Never once been asked or told about my exhaust. And only once even been pulled over for a 'random' breathe test, all the other times have been full traffic stops, where every car is pulled over.

what sort of system do you have on yours though? is it loud? ever dB tested? sorry for q's just curious lol

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Never tested, its 2.5" system with front through muffler and rear resonator. Fairly loud and fairly sick of it, seemed like a good idea when I was 18yo.

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
ow owk kool, mines a bit more than that to make it loud, wouldn't imagine you would get in trouble for something like that at all lol

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Cops are most likely very blase to V6 commies with loud exhausts, see a million of them every day.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
^ Agreed, if your stupid and run straight through pipes with no mufflers or anything, or have exhausts dumped at the diff or earlier, than you deserve anything you get. One muffler and maybe a resonator, and drive normally, then I don't think the cops care to much, unless you purposely piss them off.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Most of the cop's that have pulled me over are more concerned with bald tyres and things like that. They couldn't care how loud it is. Although in saying that technically any after market exhaust in QLD is defectable due to you changing the exhaust in order to bypass manufacturers emissions (whether it be noise or pollutants). Or some big long term like that. As said though if you be a smart ass to cops expect them to defect everything and anything they can.

T-rex

Reaction score
Members Ride
4 Banger Hilux
My exhaust is about 105db with the limit 90, and Ive never had a problem even the cops don't even look at me, the trick is don't do stupid **** like rev the guts out where you shouldn't.