Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cops drunken mistake

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Sacked drunk cop wins job back

"A South Coast police officer sacked for asking a colleague to fake an alcohol breath test after smashing his car has won his job back.

Constable Adam McDonald, 35, from Kiama was so intoxicated after attending a ping-pong competition that he totalled a parked vehicle and smashed into a retaining wall, the Sunday Telegraph reports.

The Industrial Court of NSW heard Mr McDonald was taken to Kiama Police Station where he initially asked another officer to take a breath test in his place, before returning a blood alcohol reading of 0.205.

According to police, the constable and father-of-three was abusive and tried to use his position to have officers cover-up the incident in January 2009.

He was subsequently suspended without pay for 15 months in December 2009 by NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione.

On the day of the crash, Mr McDonald had been at a golf and poker event at the Kiama Golf Club where he drank four schooners of beer over four hours.

He then went to a ping-pong event located "two to three kilometres" from his home, bringing with him a 750mL bottle of bourbon.

After passing out at the competition, he woke up and attempted to drive home when he hit the parked car.

When officers arrived at the scene on Meehan Drive, Mr McDonald had "F--k the police" written on his back, a drawing of a penis scribbled on his left cheek and left leg with a black marker, and his fly was undone, the court heard.

Police found a parked car had been "extensively damaged" with the bumper ripped off and the engine exposed.

Mr McDonald told the court he couldn't recall much from that night, telling the court his drinks could've been spiked with drugs or mixed with large qualities of alcohol.

The constable has now won his job back after challenging his sacking in the industrial court, in which the judge ruled the suspension was harsh.

Judge Wayne Haylen said Mr McDonald would have felt "fear and concern" when he awoke to find people drawing on him.

He went on to say the circumstances may have "caused him to drive his vehicle when he otherwise would not have done so".

He said Mr McDonald was remorseful, had apologised for his actions and attended alcohol counselling.
"

adrian123443

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Berlina
It's amazing the kind of people they allow to be police officers thesedays

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
He was in fear of his life, so he had to drive his car while he was blind, to get away from the life threatening people with the pens. lol
That's the worst excuse I've heard in a long time!

jetboy

You learn til u die
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec
My cousins husband isa copper , bloody good bloke , vast majority of them are , most of them just blokes like you an me doing a job , an that job is keeping the community in order . They have to put up with a lot of **** an see a lot of stuff that would turn your guts inside out . Wht would you rather , NO law an order , all them psycopathic crims that are locked away runnin riot on the streets with nobody there to do anything about them , boarded up in your house cause its not safe outside . Or do you like laying back on your bed with the window wide open letting the cool summer night breeze flow in . He used an oppertunity to get his job back , just as you or i would in the same situation , he ####ed up , everyone makes mistakes and deserve another crack .

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Wow someone put alcohol in his bottle of bourbon? What will people think of next.

adrian123443

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Berlina
My cousins husband isa copper , bloody good bloke , vast majority of them are , most of them just blokes like you an me doing a job , an that job is keeping the community in order . They have to put up with a lot of **** an see a lot of stuff that would turn your guts inside out . Wht would you rather , NO law an order , all them psycopathic crims that are locked away runnin riot on the streets with nobody there to do anything about them , boarded up in your house cause its not safe outside . Or do you like laying back on your bed with the window wide open letting the cool summer night breeze flow in . He used an oppertunity to get his job back , just as you or i would in the same situation , he ####ed up , everyone makes mistakes and deserve another crack .

I agree that alot of them are good blokes, I know some pretty decent coppers, but at the same time, I know alot of people that quit the police force because the didn't agree with the way the police abuse their powers, It's my opinion that someone who carelessly and knowingly breaks the law like this bloke did should not be allowed to enforce the law

jetboy

You learn til u die
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec
I agree that alot of them are good blokes, I know some pretty decent coppers, but at the same time, I know alot of people that quit the police force because the didn't agree with the way the police abuse their powers, It's my opinion that someone who carelessly and knowingly breaks the law like this bloke did should not be allowed to enforce the law
We don't know the circumstances , we are only hearing one side of the story , who are we to judge , he had **** written all over him , how do you know that they wern't going to bash him next . All i can say is that the fools at the ping pong event should be thanking their lucky stars that the coppers that picked him up followed the law and didn't go down there for some revenge .
Oh and by the way Australia's first 12 police were the most well behaved convicts Goggle it its a fact ..........

adrian123443

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Berlina
We don't know the circumstances , we are only hearing one side of the story , who are we to judge , he had **** written all over him , how do you know that they wern't going to bash him next . All i can say is that the fools at the ping pong event should be thanking their lucky stars that the coppers that picked him up followed the law and didn't go down there for some revenge .
Oh and by the way Australia's first 12 police were the most well behaved convicts Goggle it its a fact ..........

Right, so they chose the 12 most well behaved people they had on offer, but thesedays, they choose some drink driving idiot who doesnt know how to control his drinking and could of easily killed someone instead of recruiting someone more well behaved with a clean record. And why should they be thanking their lucky stars that the cops didn't go down there and take revenge on them, all they did was draw dicks on some passed out morons face with a texta, they didn't deserve to be bashed by anyone let alone the very people who are supposed to prevent people being bashed.

jetboy

You learn til u die
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec
Right, so they chose the 12 most well behaved people they had on offer, but thesedays, they choose some drink driving idiot who doesnt know how to control his drinking and could of easily killed someone instead of recruiting someone more well behaved with a clean record. And why should they be thanking their lucky stars that the cops didn't go down there and take revenge on them, all they did was draw dicks on some passed out morons face with a texta, they didn't deserve to be bashed by anyone let alone the very people who are supposed to prevent people being bashed.
Why dont you go sign up then eh they screamin for coppers , or hang on maybe you cant