Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cops targeting P platers

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
and i wonder what theyre views on the industry is...how many young people go to workshops and buisnesses asking for custom, aftermarket and performance parts...that industy is massive no matter where you go...as soon as you cut the p platers out which in Vic is 18-21 thats a lot of people not being able to buy these parts and then the industy loses out as well...what and they gonna say when this happens?

Actually, most people i know in performance industry arent too phased. Most people who get alot of performance mods done are in the over 25 bracket, simply because most younger people do "bolt on" mods. So places like ricerbarn and supercrap auto suffer.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
I don't think the "industry" would suffer in any way... it would just see a shift in demographic.

SthEastCustoms

Reaction score
Members Ride
wagon
but even then there are alot of mods going around that are bolt on and carry a price...times it by the amount of people and are you saying they wouldnt notice a loss??

As ben has put out in the newpaper add, p's=hoons because everyone has seen a p plater do something stupid like its always on the news and even when theyr driving, but i thinks its like anything you get one frame of mind and forget the other side of the bigger picture...

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
That was a big arsed file to download shaggerz, if more young drivers had your attitude then there would be no need for such hard line tactics from the government.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
but even then there are alot of mods going around that are bolt on and carry a price...times it by the amount of people and are you saying they wouldnt notice a loss??

As ben has put out in the newpaper add, p's=hoons because everyone has seen a p plater do something stupid like its always on the news and even when theyr driving, but i thinks its like anything you get one frame of mind and forget the other side of the bigger picture...

I know p platers have been getting a lot of attention in the media lately, but the same can be said with a lot of things. You expose one mechanic for ripping someone off, all of a sudden all mechanics are rip off artists. A builder does a crap job for whatever reason, all builders need to be watched like a hawk for fear of doing shoddy work. If this were a bird watchers forum, we would all be labelled weirdo's and perverts.

SthEastCustoms

Reaction score
Members Ride
wagon
I can just see it now that day after day Just commodores will be filled with post like..."i lost my car" beacuse of these new laws...can we get some ideas of what people are going to do?? my plans are to keep my car looking stock but do the mods and see how it goes, in me saying this I WILL NOT be hooning around...my mods are for fun and private days every other day it takes me to work and home...

Xadous

V6 turbo tech
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp v6 Turbo
These restrictions are going all over the country to stop people going from one state that stops them from driving hi performance vehicals to allowing them to i think its s great law now the price of high performance car wont be flooded every year with young wankers no offence but 5 years ago i sold a car 300 hp fwd for 12g and now i would be lucky to get 5 for it . same with imports they were worth nothing back then now since the import laws changed the price went up and now there are talks to change the laws back . only because they are stoping in experianced drivers have them i thinkits great lol sorry :p

Jase_81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S V6 LPG
I think it is a good idea to slow down those "P" plate drivers who think they own the road...