Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cops

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
I had a similar experience when I wrote my car off, I was clearly going too fast (there were lock up marks at ABS intervals for 20metres or so). My car was one day out of rego, I only had a learners permit at the time and no insurance. Told my honest story to the traffic investigators who were handling it, including that I was doing 140kph when I last glanced at the speedo and about the woman who pulled out in front of me and fled the accident scene after seeing my car fly through the air and hit a tree. I expected to be charged with everything in the book and didn't even receive a caution, the officer in charge said my uninsured 20k car and the shock should be lesson enough. (the car was a mess and so was I)

All in all I've had positive dealings with almost every law enforcement officer. A funny one was after an agruement with a X girlfriend. I went down Gympie Road in Brisbane after having a few too many. I got done for doing 70kph in the short 60kph section. It was a Friday night and the officer was no older than me about 21-22, while he wrote out my ticket I was quite worried that he'd smell the drink on me and pull out the breatho. Instead we chatted about how much it get's him down charging people on a Friday night, how he hated traffic police work and would rather be out getting on the piss. While we chatted he even stuck my rego sticker on that was in the glovebox. He bid me farewell after about 15mins and numerous cars flying past doing 80-90kph, all he said was, "don't attract attention to yourself, have a good Friday night and go straight home".

Ok thats enough

Jake

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
wow jake, thats amazing! i wish all cops were like that! he sounded very cool haha. and he didnt give you the RBT? i wonder what would have happend if he did? he probably would have just said 'hmm, you have blown over... just carry on and dont tell anyone'.

MYSS94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR | VU2 SS Ute
Yeah - thats happened to us too.

We were cruising home from a street meet at willowbank and just before the Story bridge my mate was pulled over in his Clubby for a breathe test.

He passed the breathe test and was made to pull to the side where another cop went through the car.

Lucky his NOS bottle wasn't hooked up.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
I've had them go through my car once.....

I pulled in for an RBT with some mates in the car all heading out for a night on the town. I hadn't had any drink yet so I passed that no worries; just as the officer was about to send us on our merry way he noticed a pair of scissors in my centre console. Using his analytical police mind he deduced that those particular scissors (an odd item to have in your car) were used for illegal purposes. Before I knew it he had everyone out of the car, with me telling him "hold up mate the scissors aren't for what you think they're for" he totally ignored my claims and continued his hopeless search. All this attracted another two officers who were there waiting for their comrade to find a non-existent stash. Finally with my car searched and old mate still convinced I had 2 pounds of marijuana hidden somewhere, another officer told him to leave us alone and let us go. I thanked him for nothing as he walked away, popped my bonnet and used the scissors to bridge my starter motor, the other two coppers had big smiles while the first one stood there giving me death stares.

That was probably my only negative experience with the boys

Jake.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
well i guess my negative experience was when i got pulled over in braddon for an RBT. its the local cruise spot. my mate was next to me reading a picute magazine and we were making comments on the chicks, as males do! i blew into the bag and as i left the cop said that i had a poor attitude and that i needed to change it. what the hell? i still dont understand.

ohh, another bad experience... when i got booked for speeding... but that was my own fault! although he was pretty good about it and only fined me for more then 15, less then 30. i was doing 33 over.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
QUOTE (VSUTE @ Feb 29 2004, 02:06 PM) well i guess my negative experience was when i got pulled over in braddon for an RBT. its the local cruise spot. my mate was next to me reading a picute magazine and we were making comments on the chicks, as males do! i blew into the bag and as i left the cop said that i had a poor attitude and that i needed to change it. what the hell? i still dont understand.

haha maybe he couldn't relate to your hetrosexuality, the Police Force is an equal opportunity employer after all

Jake

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Negatives - well, basically getting pulled over for driving a car with an exhaust and rims. Yet I can get in my parents stocko vs and speed everywhere and not get a second glance.

getting treated like a criminal just because your out late at night with a group of friends. the usual

R

Robbie

Well personally I have had no problems with the cops, And that's with a few dealings. The problem i had was with the RTA, I was pulled oer for RBT, blew nothing and then the RTA go over my car, defect me for front left headlight being on park only ( I had replaced the right a week prior and they were both fine then), Also for my tyres being worn on the inside, needless to say i had ordered new tyres and they came in the monday after this happened (On a Sat night). So after getting my blue slip the mechanic laughed and told me besides needing the new bulb, and the tyres which he thought were 50/50 there was absolutly nothing wroing with the car. He had also seen about 15 - 20 other cars in similar situations fomr the weekends raid/revenue exercise.

Cheers,

Robbie