Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Correct rwhp ??

VZSSCHASE

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6l
can someone help work out what roughly rwhp I have as I run into the 11.2 to 11.5s in my vz ss 6l I have been on 4 different dynos and keep getting different readouts ranging from 380rwhp upto 440rwhp but strange thing is when I bought the car it had some previous work done with power readout in the 396rwhp and when I took it down the 1/4 I managed a mere 12.6, since then I rebuilt engine changed cam keepin it natural aspirated now my dyno readouts have dropped less but running in the low to mid 11s? I cant seem to find out why, so im trying to find out with running them times what rwhp I have? thanks in advance

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
dyno max figures are crap, all comes down to the dyno config, how tight or loose it was strapped down and how much power they told you they could get you.

If you look at the power sheet though it should tell you where your 'peak power/torque' range is along with the curve, you might have moved that into a better spot for drag racing over the old setup with a different cam setup.

So you might have more downlow or in the midrange which is getting you down the strip faster then before or more top end pushing you harder up higher etc etc etc.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
ET Calculator

different dynos give different readings, strapping the dyno differently will give a different reading.

VZSSCHASE

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6l
ok yeah I tried them et calculators to they give me different readings as well all I know is I seem to run low to mid 11s with good and bad 60fts just trying to work out on a average what power I could have at the wheels.

VZSSCHASE

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6l
according to the et calculator it reads 467rwhp?