Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Corvette DOA?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yip, one more middle finger from GM to Holden dealerships....

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
It makes sense though. GMSV won't be linked to the Holden service network anymore. Really HSV should have taken any deposits in the first place.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Why doesn't it look good? Corvette isn't a Holden, it says in the article they don't know which dealers will have access to the cars. Holden dealers knew this, their problem.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

Not necessarily DOA, just that people who paid deposits in good faith are going to get caught in the middle of a sh!t fight between GM and former dealers.

If GM were responsible corporate citizens, they would obtain the list of customers who paid deposits, request the funds to be transferred by the dealers to GMSV and deliver on the orders.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Not necessarily DOA

Yeah, Probably a poor choice of words in hindsight. But it certainly doesn’t instil a great degree of confidence that it will all go ahead smoothly. Particularly given GM’s history…

Couple that with the current Global environment, and something in my gut tells me that all is not well. I hope I am not right, but I for one would be very surprised to see a factory RHD Corvette on our roads, I just don’t think it’s going to happen

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
customers.
From my experience both GM and the Holden stealerships can kiss my arse.

Both screwed the customer and typically tried to avoid any legal obligations they had.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Yeah, Probably a poor choice of words in hindsight. But it certainly doesn’t instil a great degree of confidence that it will all go ahead smoothly. Particularly given GM’s history…

Couple that with the current Global environment, and something in my gut tells me that all is not well. I hope I am not right, but I for one would be very surprised to see a factory RHD Corvette on our roads, I just don’t think it’s going to happen

Yes, agree factory RHD Vette is not promising and hasn't been for some time.

They can't even get LHD built.

And who will be paying probably close to $200k for a Walkinshaw converted car ?