Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

corvette servo install issue

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec
No you just undo it at the trans mount then wedge a bit of wood in the side after you move the box over a bit with say... a crow bar :) it just needs to be moved across a bit so you have room to work on the side of the box because there's where it goes in

Cheers, looks like I've got some work for my next day off.... Servo has been in my spare for almost a year..

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
It took me about 2 hours to service the trans, replace the rear trans seal an do the servo.. easy as job

it doesnt slam 2nd like everyone says tho.. but deffinatly a direct shift now tho

no sloppy shifting anymore

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I don't know why some people don't get insane hard shift, must be something to do with the electronic boxes. It's certainly a wild ride in my car at full throttle, shifts to 2nd and leaves lines and smoke everytime from 60-95km/h

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
It doesnt really light up when you just pin it off the line anyway

that pretty much stopped when the 235's went on

little stall and it will tho.. it has done nearly 300thousand ks tho its probs gettin tired by now still not burning oil tho..

getting tuned soon so see what they can do with the tune towards shifts

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
The faster the shift the less slip in the clutches the longer the clutches last = win :)
Can't say it's too good for the rest of the driveline under full power but since the gearbox slipping is the most likely failure in old Commodores it's still full of win :)

Thanks Greenfoam, that is what i was referring to......

Jayme

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL 5L inj
ive got a corvette servo in my T700, I have found that they like to be just a little bit overfull of oil before you get the insane hard shift. a few months ago, I had a trans oil change done and filled it up exactly to the full line. it started granny shifting, wondeirng what was wrong, I asked the trans builder who built it, he was suggested to fill it up a little more, so I added 600mls of oil and WHAM, insane hard shifts were back.