Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Corvette Servos on 98 V6 VT autobox

JohnniieeVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pack Series 2
DVS said:
I did it myself with basic tools in about 3 hours. I just followed instructions. While i was under the car i also did the force motor. Now chirps seconds when i put the foot down. Fitting the corvette servo only firms up the shifts slightly.

how modified is ur car? ... to chirp second .. ive got a ecu upgrade in mine and im makin 160kw ... with a corvette servo will it cherp?

DVS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
JohnniieeVS said:
how modified is ur car? ... to chirp second .. ive got a ecu upgrade in mine and im makin 160kw ... with a corvette servo will it cherp?
I have only got extactors, exhaust and F.I.T rockers. Servo alone wont make you chirp 2nd gear, you need to do force motor as well. The servo is 1 million times easier than force motor.
I got mine from ebay $40 also bought some trans fluid to top up but you hardly loose any fluid. I couldnt believe how easy servo was to do, i was quoted $550 to get it done.

Thanks
DVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
um i did my servos 4 yrs ago
best thing i ever done
chirps into second easy and once even into 3rd in the dry
i kow ppl with shift kits and they feel the same but servos are cheeper way of doing it
mine was 180 fitted while getting service on trans
never had a trans prob wiht them in
would i do it again if i got new car hell yeah:)

ps.Servo alone wont make you chirp 2nd gear, you need to do force motor as well (um mines fine and chirps heaps)

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
daron. said:
um i did my servos 4 yrs ago
best thing i ever done
chirps into second easy and once even into 3rd in the dry
i kow ppl with shift kits and they feel the same but servos are cheeper way of doing it
mine was 180 fitted while getting service on trans
never had a trans prob wiht them in
would i do it again if i got new car hell yeah:)

ps.Servo alone wont make you chirp 2nd gear, you need to do force motor as well (um mines fine and chirps heaps)
Tell me how it made it chirp the 2-3 shift when the corvette servo only acts on the 1-2 shift?
AirStrike :air:

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
AirStrike said:
Tell me how it made it chirp the 2-3 shift when the corvette servo only acts on the 1-2 shift?

you do the 3-4 gear change servo as well.....

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
it was the camber of the road and on a bend hehehe and it chirped into 3rd
yeah do them all

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
VTPREDATOR said:
you do the 3-4 gear change servo as well.....
I know this champ, but he only changed the 1-2 servo.

muvro

TUFF 6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais S1 L67 A4
I bought my 1-2 corvette servo of him and it's great! Been in there for damn... Maybe 4 or more years! It was one of the best things I did. I also turned up the box pressure and considering it has no shift kit... It shifted freakin awesome!!! Every gear change was solid and no soft slip when at WOT. Still after all this time and a shite load of extremly hard driving it's still behaves like the first day it went in.

Very happy and highly recommend doing this mod!:D

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
the corvette servo shown here applies the 2-4 band. the band grabs hold of the reverse input drum, which is how you change to 2nd and 4th gears.

the larger apply area means the shift is made with more force and you it holds the band down harder.

the downside of a harder shift is it obviously loads the transmission a bit more, possibly wearing it faster but who knows by how much? probably not much as the corvette box is the same i would imagine so if it can handle it then so can the commodore one i would assume!

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Most people/workshops I have spoken to suggest that the box may last longer, as there is less slip in the gear changes so the clutch packs wont burnout as quick.