Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cosmetic mods ve omega help please!

BuenoNachos

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE OMEGA SERIES 1 MY10
P plater and I know its an omega but its all I could afford. Would love a V8 THOUGH :3

Just seeing what you guys think of these no engine mods will be done mostly just cosmetic stuff

Car is heron white

- SV6 front bumper
- some 8k bulbs for front lights
-g8 diffuser
-boot lip
-roof spoiler
-sl king springs
- Looking at slotted rotors and better brakes. Can you guys please suggest some
-20" matte black v 31 rims. (also any other rims you guys would think would look good) having some trouble finding decent ones
must be 10.5 at rear and 8 or 8.5 front
-led tail lights
-

Exhaust

But mate has a ve calais 07 with ss mufflers to catback exhaust has a little bit of drone but just wondering how you think it will sound with the 3L 6 cyc

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
P plater and I know its an omega but its all I could afford. Would love a V8 THOUGH :3

Just seeing what you guys think of these no engine mods will be done mostly just cosmetic stuff

Car is heron white

- SV6 front bumper
- some 8k bulbs for front lights
-g8 diffuser
-boot lip
-roof spoiler
-sl king springs
- Looking at slotted rotors and better brakes. Can you guys please suggest some
-20" matte black v 31 rims. (also any other rims you guys would think would look good) having some trouble finding decent ones
must be 10.5 at rear and 8 or 8.5 front
-led tail lights
-

Exhaust

But mate has a ve calais 07 with ss mufflers to catback exhaust has a little bit of drone but just wondering how you think it will sound with the 3L 6 cyc

ditch the 8k bulbs and LED tail lights they stupid IMHO. Do the boot lip. SSSL spring all round with 20s and done, maybe a CAI and SS rear mufflers.

are these the rims?

V-31%20MB%202%20Edit%201.jpg

BuenoNachos

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Lowest I would go would be ssls because driveway and road conditions say otherwise what about the ssv front and rear lights? Had a look and will be getting a orrsom cold air intake , also yes those are the rims

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Lowest I would go would be ssls because driveway and road conditions say otherwise what about the ssv front and rear lights? Had a look and will be getting a orrsom cold air intake , also yes those are the rims

I personally wouldn't spend any money on body mods to an Omega unless its a guard roll. Black SSV tail lights would be a good option over the red ones.

Last edited:

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Avant Garde Illest or M550 wheels if you like a 5 spoke concave goes well on the VE. I'm not sure a 10.5 rear wheel will go well if lowering... usually 9.5 with a 275/30/20 tyre is all you'll get back there without scrubbing.
Is it a series 1 or 2 car? If it's seties 1 the W427 front from Sydney Special Vehicles looks mean as.
Do the brembo brake upgrade from the redline - caddy with DBA slotted rotors to finish off the wheels.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Don't do anything to it , just enjoy it and keep it maintained and tidy .

BuenoNachos

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sweet thanks ducker85 just want a clean looking car that isn't to over the top or "rice"

BuenoNachos

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Those rims look sick!! Think that bar might be abit over the top on a omega have to wait till I can buy myself a hsv :p
Thanks for the suggestion for the brakes and rotors do you rekon red calipers with silver rotors or black rotors with silver/white caliper

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
Exhaust

You can avoid drone by using the mufflers from an AFM SSV. They have an Helmholtz resonator (aka J pipe) inside. You'll still get the dual tips but they come out of the muffler as a Y, whereas the non-AFM SSV ones have the 2 tips coming straight from the muffler.

Extractors eliminate a lot of drone too, at least they do on the 3.6, I'm not about the 3.0 SIDI tho.

About the other cosmetic mods (front bar, spoiler, lip, diffuser), I personally wouldn't go that far (they are ways to make the omega front bar look much better and if you have a Dremel and patience, you can modify the stock diffuser to make room for the quad tips) but if you want it this way, don't listen to people saying it's not worth it. It's your car, not theirs.

Just do it with taste.

joeydaly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
These are the rims I have on my omega sportswagon

NM4_GW_OOg1IaUSpExC2T-31gwrrWx2VPu-9kbVMD2A

20" and 8.5 I think both front & back, didn't think I'd like the matte black but I'm a fan now!

I was too thinking about the SS Kit, but it looks strange on an omega, I'll try find a pic of one.

This is UFOs Eleanor, not sure if its the lighting or if I'm just seeing ****, but yeah it looks much better, but not sure about the bit near the wheel
002800x600.jpg~320x480