Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cost of Lowering

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
I thought the camber kit was to reduce tyre wear as the bad camber would stress on one side of the tyre really badly. For $100 I think it's worth getting the kit; how much would a place charge to fit the kit?

Beny

Reaction score
Website
s654.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VS Commy V6
cars with IRS which yours would have i would deffiently put camber kit on i got superlow kingsprings all round fitted my self using a $30 spring compressor springs cost 100 for front and 120 for rear. If you go superlow or lower i would advise u get shorter shocks after you take a few hard hits they stock ones give up and go the camber kit aswell otherwise you will wreck a good set of tyres on the inner lip in 7000km.Do it once properly!! will cost u more if u take shortcuts in the long term.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
cars with IRS which yours would have i would deffiently put camber kit on i got superlow kingsprings all round fitted my self using a $30 spring compressor springs cost 100 for front and 120 for rear. If you go superlow or lower i would advise u get shorter shocks after you take a few hard hits they stock ones give up and go the camber kit aswell otherwise you will wreck a good set of tyres on the inner lip in 7000km.Do it once properly!! will cost u more if u take shortcuts in the long term.

Exactly..... A camber kit costs around 100 bux, thats cheaper then replacing one tyre, so why not?
Shoterned shocks may not be neccasary, but Id definitly be conisdering it, I know i wouldnt lower a car without them for peace of mind.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Plus dumped commodores look like a bloody joke without the camber kits, looks like the back wheels are way overloaded and bending to the point where they're ready to pop right off!! LOL!!!!!!!!

daniel555

Custom VY Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
As i said, VY's have adjusting in the rear, Talk to a tyre fitter or something professianly, If the stock camber doesnt have enough adjusting to do what you want, Then buy a camber kit.

But as i said, Speak to a pro before buying/ordering anything.

Skooby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
I am getting Lovell SL springs put in my VY II SS tomorrow.

Not going King Springs, as they are such a harse ride and every car I have ever had or been in that had them, was just crap.

Costing around $500 fitted for the set, and was told to get the wheel alignment and see if I need a kit. Some cars due to different tightening on different parts of the car, will have different camber etc, so he said wait until it settles down, and if further down the track I need one then so be it.

I have been told that the fitting for the camber kit is quite expensive. Maybe there is somewhere cheaper, but one kit I got quoted on was $385 for the parts, and $425 labour.

Seems like a quite expensive excercise, hence why I am not doing it yet.

How much have people paid for camber kit's and labour because that seems way to much to me.

unregistered

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 S2
I am getting Lovell SL springs put in my VY II SS tomorrow.

Not going King Springs, as they are such a harse ride and every car I have ever had or been in that had them, was just crap.

Costing around $500 fitted for the set, and was told to get the wheel alignment and see if I need a kit. Some cars due to different tightening on different parts of the car, will have different camber etc, so he said wait until it settles down, and if further down the track I need one then so be it.

I have been told that the fitting for the camber kit is quite expensive. Maybe there is somewhere cheaper, but one kit I got quoted on was $385 for the parts, and $425 labour.

Seems like a quite expensive excercise, hence why I am not doing it yet.

How much have people paid for camber kit's and labour because that seems way to much to me.

Ive got Lovells SL on my VY2, done about 15000ks so far on brand new 18" tyres and the rear tyres are wearing normally. I did replace all the shocks though. Maybe its a good idea to replace the rear shocks.