Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cost of respray rear bar

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Hey all . Got a few paint blisters on the rear bar of my ve and heaps of small micro blisters. Looks like a poor respray . Just after a ball park figure on what a respray would cost . Or would it be easier to pick up a second hand one . Seen a few alto grey ones online for about $200.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
alto grey is the worst color ive ever tried to match, on every paint system of every shop ive ever worked at. chances are even if you get a second hand bar it wont match your particular car. got pics?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
If you go down the respray route it will vary quite a bit depending on how you want it matched. You can just get them to paint the bar, but if you want it blended or feathered to match in it's likely that a fair bit of the rear end will need to be painted too, it's just the way it is with metallic paints.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I'm getting my front bar sprayed on the VT for 550 - I imagine a VE rear bar would be similar.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
^ yeah 350 would be the minimum if you pulled it off and prepared it so 550 sounds fair to me.