Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cost of window tint?

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I will be paying $450 for tintxpress or tint mart tint a car? to remove old tint and replace with 18%! Comes with life time guarantee but they said if the damage my rear demister in the remove all process the wont fix it:(

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
SOrry, quick hijack...

Anyone know where I can get tint that is a gradient tint? Like say from silver to black?

Thanks

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I will be paying $450 for tintxpress or tint mart tint a car? to remove old tint and replace with 18%! Comes with life time guarantee but they said if the damage my rear demister in the remove all process the wont fix it:(

$450?! I'd be goin elsewhere :p

Tint removal should be included in the price for any tint, not paying extra.

kw1kaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Not sure where you located, but I paid $225 for my ve sedan in darkest legal tint. The guy put this over top of the tinted glass and it looks wicked. would imagine that a ute would be heaps less to do.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Not sure where you located, but I paid $225 for my ve sedan in darkest legal tint. The guy put this over top of the tinted glass and it looks wicked. would imagine that a ute would be heaps less to do.

Errr you do realise that means is not legal right?

Why get the darkest legal tint, but then have it put over the factory tint making the overal tint percentage darker...And hence illegal?

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore

haha yeah im getting a few more quotes today! I just don't want to end up with elcheapo tint that turns blue and blisters after 2 years:(

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Ok, got my car done yesturday. It was by the tint professor, not tint a car. Sorry i posted the wrong one. It cost me $265. They did a pretty good job and you can borrow a "chirp - mobile" - (really a manual accent) The did the window 30% and its lifetime guarantee as long as I own the car.

I don't think tint a car are all that compeditive, as they wanted $330 per car to tint three of them.

Attachments

• tint 001.jpg
    tint 001.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 860
  • tint 002(2).jpg
    tint 002(2).jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 718

dbarnes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V M6 UTE
I got my car done last week. I asked for darkest legal (about 30 or 35% I think?) and he quoted $250...curiously I asked how much more for 15% and he said $280 for the whole car, so I got that instead :D
Lifetime warranty for my ownership of the car.
Anyone around the mid north coast area should go to him... "Mr.Tint"

Mates85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6

old topic , but ive got my own tint business and if you think we will remove old film for free think again ! in some cases it takes longer than tinting the car !

if i get a customer who needs old tint removed and they also want a retint then i will remove the old tint at a discounted rate !

its interesting to read some of the larger franchises are doing illegal tint , i would of thought they would steer clear.

a rough idea on pricing to go off from my company for a vt- vy would be around 280 so use that to compare to others,

the larger franchise stores often do charge more but mainly because of franchise costs etc, also i have a workshop where as some are mobile , a gun mobile tinter will still get a clean install so they can be good if you want to save some cash, i prefer to work from the workshop where its controlled conditions and can ensure a clean install everytime !

im not sure of the policies on here but im not naming my business cause im sure it will breach the policy but thats just some info from someone whos in the business !!

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
mines free :)