Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cost to install new shocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
Getting Monroe GT shocks tomorrow, anyone know rough price to get them installed? Is wheel alignment nessicary? Got to get new brake pads next service so was thinking of getting it done then when the wheels come off.

Thanks!

Whiteshark68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II
i know my car isn't a VF but shock installation prices shouldn't be to far out of the ballpark the 3 places i took my car to gave me a price of around $600 to over $1000 for labour costs and i would say yes to the alignment if you are having struts fitted

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
i know my car isn't a VF but shock installation prices shouldn't be to far out of the ballpark the 3 places i took my car to gave me a price of around $600 to over $1000 for labour costs and i would say yes to the alignment if you are having struts fitted

Do you know if it's a big job? Like couple of hours? Sounds like it might be a half a day type of thing.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
Do you know if it's a big job? Like couple of hours? Sounds like it might be a half a day type of thing.
Ive had springs supplied and fitted for $500, and springs and shocks supplied and fitted for $750,
Suspension city in Melbourne did them both times and max took 2hours, $1000 for shocks to be fitted is absolute robbery!!!!

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
Ive had springs supplied and fitted for $500, and springs and shocks supplied and fitted for $750,
Suspension city in Melbourne did them both times and max took 2hours, $1000 for shocks to be fitted is absolute robbery!!!!
Agree
That's crazy prices

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Ring around get some prices, they charge 150 per hour, so around 500 with a wheel alignment.

lordsnipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV
I paid $500 inc wheel alignment in Perth for springs and shocks to be fitted. Was about half a day job.

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
Spot on, Holden are going to do the job. 470$ to install. Actually cheapest which is suprising. They don't reckon I need to do wheel alignment but Il get it done anyway. May as well replace brake pads while I'm at it

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
Spot on, Holden are going to do the job. 470$ to install. Actually cheapest which is suprising. They don't reckon I need to do wheel alignment but Il get it done anyway. May as well replace brake pads while I'm at it

That's unusual,Dealer fitting parts they haven't supplied,very unusual,times must be tough for some Holden Dealerships.

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
aren't they independently run? Why do you say that? They also service other cars other than holden and sell other cars that aren't holden..

Status
Not open for further replies.