Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cost to install new shocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
You don't quote saying it'll take 30 minutes too replace 1 shock
Again adding words I said 50 a side, I said it would take me 30-40min as I haven't got the fancy tools.
Yes I know your a suspension guy... But with all what I read or heard even from Holden they say its not needed as there be very little different, but again I say it wont hurt to have it done.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Lol, what cant you add 50x2?Its better than saying 1 hour which is around 150 for mechanics these days which is 25 for every 10min.

Sheesh name these blokes so I too can avoid. KTAS is only $125 an hour and they are known as one of the more expensive places to have work done. They do some work for me, alignments, tyres and safety inspections. I can get a safety inspection cheaper if I shop around but I like my local KTAS AKA, My Car because I like it how KTAS find all the faults and don't give you a BS story about parts that actually don't need replacing but they are thorough and don't miss things either.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Blowing hot air again Trevor....Do some research before you reply, because you have no idea and it shows....ie, you forget what's involved in replacing shocks on this era car
I know what it takes, 4 bolts, slide out the brake lines remove assembly out, remove the top nut with spring clamps attached and tensioned of coarse, remove and change then do everything in reverse around 20min tops if you have the gear, that's the fronts. Backs are easer.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Sheesh name these blokes so I too can avoid. KTAS is only $125 an hour and they are known as one of the more expensive places to have work done. They do some work for me, alignments, tyres and safety inspections. I can get a safety inspection cheaper if I shop around but I like my local KTAS AKA, My Car because I like it how KTAS find all the faults and don't give you a BS story about parts that actually don't need replacing but they are thorough and don't miss things either.
Well it was a rough figure 125 well the principle the same.
If I can avoid mechanics I will, been ripped off to many times and had dodgy workman ship done, bolts left loose is one common repeating occurrence from front suspension to power steering pulley, one to stay clear off is railway avenue in Werribee next to the car wash. Due to my back injury sometimes I cant do the job so I need to pay someone, I found a good place in Hoppers AutoPlus they don't rip you and are very good and friendly.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Again adding words I said 50 a side, I said it would take me 30-40min as I haven't got the fancy tools.
Yes I know your a suspension guy... But with all what I read or heard even from Holden they say its not needed as there be very little different, but again I say it wont hurt to have it done.

Fancy tools???? A set of spring compressors and a few spanners/sockets.....Nothing fancy there....In fact, a cheap set of spring compressors will set you back about $50

A small amount of toe variation = quicker tyre wear......Take a look at losh1971's alignment report, he put up.....His toe was only slightly out, but enough to get tyre wear, which I bet is inner tyre wear.

If a job takes longer than quoted, do you offer to stump up the extra doe?

You also said, doing the bearing plate is a definite alignment done, yet replacing springs and/or shocks it wouldn't hurt....The bearing plate does stuff all....So goes to show, you are talking out your backside.

So best you not comment on stuff you know SFA about

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I know what it takes, 4 bolts, slide out the brake lines remove assembly out, remove the top nut with spring clamps attached and tensioned of coarse, remove and change then do everything in reverse around 20min tops if you have the gear, that's the fronts. Backs are easer.

And you have no idea how shocks work....PFFT, keep the tyre on the ground...What a joke you are

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Well it was a rough figure 125 well the principle the same.
If I can avoid mechanics I will, been ripped off to many times and had dodgy workman ship done, bolts left loose is one common repeating occurrence from front suspension to power steering pulley, one to stay clear off is railway avenue in Werribee next to the car wash. Due to my back injury sometimes I cant do the job so I need to pay someone, I found a good place in Hoppers AutoPlus they don't rip you and are very good and friendly.

Thanks for naming the places to avoid.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
So, how long does it take you to change a damper on one VE/VF suspension unit?

I seriously doubt he knows what a spanner or socket is, let alone know how to change things like this:)

Status
Not open for further replies.