Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cost to install new shocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Fancy tools???? A set of spring compressors and a few spanners/sockets.....Nothing fancy there....In fact, a cheap set of spring compressors will set you back about $50

A small amount of toe variation = quicker tyre wear......Take a look at losh1971's alignment report, he put up.....His toe was only slightly out, but enough to get tyre wear, which I bet is inner tyre wear.

If a job takes longer than quoted, do you offer to stump up the extra doe?

You also said, doing the bearing plate is a definite alignment done, yet replacing springs and/or shocks it wouldn't hurt....The bearing plate does stuff all....So goes to show, you are talking out your backside.

So best you not comment on stuff you know SFA about
actually vc you can get a set of cheap spring compressors on cheap ebay for half the $50, there's a mob at smithfield who sell them

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Stop dribbling crap Trevor...

You quote the job according to time and parts supplied. You don't quote saying it'll take 30 minutes too replace 1 shock, when you have to replace a pair. It's called making it simple for the average person off the street

Ask Holden what? You forget I do suspensions for a living and I know how things work with suspensions.....Dealerships don't give a stuff if you stuff a pair of tyres prematurely....

The problem is, I am set in my old ways, where I actually give a rats about the customer and their hip pocket....These new age people don't care about your hip pocket, except when it comes to lightening it.
Now go and do some research on how sagging springs and/or shocks effect camber and toe and compare that with brand new springs and/or shocks effect it.....Then comment, because at this stage, you're blowing hot air out.
hey ease up on the guy Mr Grumpy, there no need for the your "blowing hot air out your rear end comment" be nice mate, ahhhh I don't know people need to grow up and/or change their medications, seems vc got a bad batch of medication or green **** weed.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
And you have no idea how shocks work....PFFT, keep the tyre on the ground...What a joke you are

His a video just for vc, he might learn some think about a shock or strut and its purpose keeping your wheels on the ground and absorbing the energy of the spring therefor dampening the impact giving you a smoother ride while keeping you with contact to the road or you will bounce. Don't forget his a suspension guy..

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
actually vc you can get a set of cheap spring compressors on cheap ebay for half the $50, there's a mob at smithfield who sell them
As long as it has the 2 fingers and not a solid plate they slip, mighty8 tools have a good one about 25-28.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

Wouldn't know the price, because I got mine for free....Courtesy of the old man

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
hey ease up on the guy Mr Grumpy, there no need for the your "blowing hot air out your rear end comment" be nice mate, ahhhh I don't know people need to grow up and/or change their medications, seems vc got a bad batch of medication or green **** weed.

Considering the area you are getting your tools from, you might be able to suggest where I can get some good greenery

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
His a video just for vc, he might learn some think about a shock or strut and its purpose keeping your wheels on the ground and absorbing the energy of the spring therefor dampening the impact giving you a smoother ride while keeping you with contact to the road or you will bounce. Don't forget his a suspension guy..

The you tube expert has come back......Damn shame you tube doesn't do the spanner work...

Status
Not open for further replies.