Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cost to paint my ve

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
You are asking a rather broad question there dude.

You need to be more specific. What colour, what kinds of paint, ultra gloss finish, do you want metallic paint, matte paint, custom colour, bare metal respray, closed door respray, two tone and about a hundred other different options. All of those things cost different amounts of money and due to taking different periods of time to do, will cost you different amounts in labour. Then of course it depends where you go. Different panel shops charge different amounts.

No point in asking such a question here, you will get better answers by ringing panel shops and getting quotes as opposed to asking it on a Commodore tech forum.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Yeah but it could also be more or less in labour etc at different places. You go somewhere ****, they might charge you **** all, go somewhere with a good rep for good work, you will pay alot more.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Yeah but it could also be more or less in labour etc at different places. You go somewhere ****, they might charge you **** all, go somewhere with a good rep for good work, you will pay alot more.

As with anything... SMIT's reply was a pretty accurate answer in terms of covering average prices though, and he did state average. As an approximate range, it was a good response.

$5000 average for a color change, $3000 for a repaint. $5000-10000 for a custom color depending on (metal flake, pearl etc.)

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Yeah but there are plenty of **** panel beaters out there who charge less and do crap work. Then there are ok panel beaters who charge average prices then ripper panel beaters who charge more. You get what you pay for.

I wouldn't rely on any "average" prices someone gave me on a forum, i'd rely on written quotes from different panel shops. And yeah, you can colour change in 2 ways. The **** way: closed door respray. The best way: have it stripped right down to shell and painted completely. Then the VE may cost more due to more electrics so putting it all back together might be a real downright prick.

A

acca00

defiantly between 6,000-10,000 from a decent panel beater, what color were you after?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Yeah but there are plenty of **** panel beaters out there who charge less and do crap work. Then there are ok panel beaters who charge average prices then ripper panel beaters who charge more. You get what you pay for.

I wouldn't rely on any "average" prices someone gave me on a forum, i'd rely on written quotes from different panel shops. And yeah, you can colour change in 2 ways. The **** way: closed door respray. The best way: have it stripped right down to shell and painted completely. Then the VE may cost more due to more electrics so putting it all back together might be a real downright prick.

Again as you just repeated your last point, as with anything lol Prices vary, especially with trades and yes you get what you pay for. Plenty of people ask re: prices on the forum, and thats because some people just want a ball park figure and will go from there. Im sure if he was ready to get the car painted right now he'd probably be in the process of ringing up for quotes, but some people just want a figure for many reasons, such as assessing the viability of the idea or what sort of sum they should have sitting in their bank account before they start bothering to go around attempting to organise it.

The point of the forum is to ask questions, if they want to ask, let them. Stop shooting people down, especially new members as it will only result in them not coming back.

MickVE

Red... It goes faster!
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 MY10 SS
It a tough question, what do you want from the respray? Like others have said a custom paint job really comes down to how big your wallet is.

I've seen a sign around my place for full resprays $650 but I would guess its a case of you get what you pay for.

michael.meli

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
it cost holden 1000 to repaint my passanger door and front guard in red hot