Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Could a vs or vt engine be put in a vr commdore ??

VRHOLDEN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VR Commodore
Just wondering because soon enough I will need 2 change my engine and I was thinking :idea: if it could be possible to put a newer engine in my car

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
I am prett sure you can fit an Ecitech straight in however you will need to change the wiring loom and ECU to get the sequential inhection to work. I was told the motor can run on the older ECU and wiring with some mods to some wiring for sensors which are in a differnt place for example but the injectors will not fire sequentially anymore.

VRHOLDEN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VR Commodore
would that be a good or bad thing if they didn't fire sequentially anymore and btw thanks for the help :)

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
if your going to do an Ecotec Conversion your better off with the ECU and Loom to match saves modding the harness and keep the use of sequential injection.

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
If it is a VT engine you will need to fit VS exhaust manifolds and exhaust to fit between the chasis rails.

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
I think also you need to use VR-VS Gearbox since the VT and up had a full bell housing.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Don't want to be a downer on the topic but they give VS's away, unless your car has some huge mods that can't be transferred from your old car to your new one it would be financial suicide!
Just my opinion though.

MITTCH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Berlina
sorry to bring up old thread guys.

i had someone write off my VTttttttttt wagon. and was also wondering if the engine in it would just drop straight into my VR wagon i have sitting at home with a blown engine.

do i just have to rip vr's engine out and computer and loom and such and replace with VT's or will i have to put in VT gearbox as well/would vt's auto fit??

and for offtopic, will the middle section of vt's exhaust fit onto the vr? (section from cat to the second half?

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Hey Champ,

The ecotec will fit in, although the VT's have an egr valve. If you are going to do the conversion you will need to either plug up the hole into the Plenum or change the Plenum to a VS one, very easy to do. Can pick one up from the wreckers. You will need the exhaust off a VS, you will also need the wiring loom and ecu from a VS. VT's use a different sensor from the Coolant temps. In all honestly it would be cheaper to go buy another VS or VR. You would also need a VS gearbox.

MITTCH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Berlina
the vr's motor is ecotec, had gas on it standard :p

i have exaughst off vt and the vr.

i own both wagons just vrs engine blown and vt had rite off body damade and one sides stuffed.

and could you explain the egr valve and such?

maybe give me a message if you want ill give you my number in a message over this if you like?