Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Could Holden pull off a ZB SS?

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
.. will never happen

Holden have stated that the only 'sporty' version of ZB will be the VXR
end of story

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
It will never happen but i do think if holden had managed to offer a 400 HP version (turbo or supercharged) for similar money as we've been paying for Redlines then enthusiasts probably would have bought them. And maybe the hate would be less.......?
Reality though, they're asking that sort of money for the VXR already, so a true performance version would be 80K +.
So well out of SS buyers price range anyway.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
It will never happen but i do think if holden had managed to offer a 400 HP version (turbo or supercharged) for similar money as we've been paying for Redlines then enthusiasts probably would have bought them. And maybe the hate would be less.......?
Reality though, they're asking that sort of money for the VXR already, so a true performance version would be 80K +.

Camaro money...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If that is the prototype, then no, I don't think it looks very nice which would mean I would never go as far to enquire about it any further.....

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
Looks pretty decent to me, I even like a good yellow. Realistically, Holden has never moved big numbers of 'performance' V6 Commodores -either VP SS or VT SS. A ZB SS in V6 form would need more than just good performance to directly replace VF SS sales.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
2018-Holden-ZB-Commodore-Supercar-680x329.jpg

and look here is one in red.
Mazda.png

RWD4ever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 ute
Do GM have a manual transverse gearbox that can handle that much power? Certainly no automatic. Even the crimped LS4 engine with 438 Nm fucked up the 6T65E

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I'm waiting for the first thread on JC to ask..."I'm thinking about putting a 308 in my ZB...."