Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Council

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH SL
I work for a council but not doing roads. Take pictures of the round about and no visible signs or reflectors and hand it all over to them, don't be an asshole because they will only make it harder for you, we get so much **** its nice to have someone be nice to you once in a while you will be surprised with the result.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
People get negative on this site when others post up things like this. Why complain about something that was your fault? If you were paying proper attention to your surroundings, you would have seen the roundabout and then this thread wouldn't exist.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
You hit a roundabout on a regular route you take, in other words you are aware of the existence of this roundabout, then want someone else to pay for your negligence?

Then you wonder why people are negative towards you. Take responsibility for your actions and stop blaming others, this is the problem with the world today.

Do you realise something as simple as a fundraising BBQ now run by volunteers is a right hassle because of people like you. Risk assessments, OH&S issues, forms, training... the list is endless because no one will take responsibility for their own actions, rather sue others and be a victim of their own stupidity and negligence.

Yeah sue away mate, and then don't grizzle when your rates are raised to cover the cost of your repairs, because in the end your inability to navigate the roundabout will be paid by all residents.

Sabby

MSABBY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS FIFTY
Alright,
I was never complaining in the first place mate. I was merely after another ones opinion. But you guys managed to give me one making me look like an idiot. There's ways of saying things without putting someone down. If it was a stupid thing to ask then just say it simply. Don't make a essay about this and that and this.
I was always gonna wear the cost but like I said I was after an opinion.
Im sick of this whole forum being "goody 2 shoes " the second someone posts something slightly stupid you all go to town on them.
End story is. I wasn't complaining and I'm going to pay for whatever damage I've done.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
just a quick one

I was driving to work this morning, raining and very dark.
Couldnt see the roundabout comming up because it wasn't properly visable.

Hit it at 50kmh and put 2 nice big dints in my rims and front right wheel has a 10 degree camber now

Anyway, is it worth going to the council and make then pay for the damage as the roundaboout wasn't properly visable?
Or should i just suck it up and wear the cost.

cheers

I don't like your chances. Sounds like you were going waaaay too fast for the conditions if it was as dark and wet as it sounds.

Ahh, that one...dont know how you missed it :p

He didn't. I think that's the problem :p

Reaper